VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SMC-2?

Rate this question

allansc2005

Question

Was awarded an on-the-spot CUE and Perm IU back in January, during a formal review. Total percentage was 80%, with the largest single condition rated at 40%, a lower spine condition rated at 20%, with other smaller ratings. Also, if it means anything

The issue of me needing help with such things as getting dressed, showering, help getting out of bed was raised by my rep; I also provided a sworn affidavit signed by my fiancé that she helps me with these issues.

Reviewing officer didn't say one way or the other about awarding me SMC.

Do I meet the requirements for ANY kind of SMC?

Also, I have gotten responses to this question that have nothing to do with meeting the requirements, I was just given a link to the SMC pay tables, which mean don't answer my question.

• HadIt.com Elder

allansc2005

Be sure and check your award with a fine tooth comb  make sure you get whats coming to you  as Asknod mention watch out for the low-ball rating  on that 98 date.  or even the 1990 date as well.

Add up the numbers  make sure they don't put the screws to you..its not being greedy its making sure they do it right and you get every penny coming to ya.

Buck, some say not to "rock the boat" once you get your P&T IU, others have said to go for scheduler.

The law firm Attig, says to not stop at 100% if you think the VA short changed you one way or another...

Considering I haven't gotten that "Big white packet" yet, I won't know what I'll do.

Except for a CUE(thank you Berta), I'll studied, researched..about every area of VA compensation that exists, and have concluded that you can either sit around whining and crying about the VA, or you get off your ass and be proactive...in other words, do your homework!

Speaking of the Big white packet, what the hell is taking them so long?! GRRRR!!! January 12th, 2017, was the decision!

• HadIt.com Elder

Your Retro is holding things up I'm fairly sure.

Actually after your P&T things gets eazier if you file on other S.C. Conditions or want to get them S.C.  

Once you reach the SMC's  there not much more $$ in it  other than getting S.C. OR Unless you go blind or have amputations due to your other S.C. Disbilitys.

for example  I have OSA pretty bad and been diagnose from the VA for Sleep Apnea, and use the old C-Pap machine every night,ect,,ect,,,I could file a claim for that and get it approved and S.C.  by  Filing  secondary to my Chronic PTSD medications, but since there;s no $$ in it for me  I won't file a claim for it...besides  when a veteran has 10 years with a P&T Rating  it don't matter what he dies from  his spouse can still l file for DIC and usually is Approved.  I don't need the stress as for as Adjudicating claims.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

I am not sure when your date starts on the 20 year rule  but if its starts from your Back dates  your already at the 20 year mark and just 2 or 3 years away from the 98 date

you need to try to find out about this?  I am not sure when your 20 year clock will start  , but I would think the date they approve you for...which is very good news to you!

Asknod will know !

Edited by Buck52

Buck, I too have OSA, not service connected.

Did you know there is now a new AMA approved device that can replace the CPAP?

Currently, I'm being evaluated for the device, and if everything goes right, they will implant the device by this summer.

No more mask, no more hoses...the device is smaller than a quarter, and it takes an hour to implant.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes I have heard about..and may consider having it  but for now I'm going to wait and see how it works out??   for complications  ect,,ect,,

I 've got so use to the C-PAP it don't bother me all that much anymore...I keep it clean and dry and clean out the hoses..but I got use to that  and make it a everyday routine after I brush my teeth every morning.