VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Preparation for decision

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If a claim is in the prep for decision phase on e benefits for say two months and gives an estimate time  and then they change it to the next month and give an estimate  up to 4 months & no documents needed at this time... does this mean they have maybe denied the claim  and just  adding insult to injury?

if no Documents are needed  then what are they waiting on?  either approve or deny...maybe they want us to get old and die and then make a decision.  eh!

It's sad when the office of case management answers their phone well hello Mr Frei what can I do for you today? Lol they all see my number and know it's me calling Caller ID forgot what that was for a minute...

Agree, Agree, Agree

It is my belief that the VA, as they did with Vietnam veterans, will not act until then numbers die out. That will reduce the VA cost and a very large number of claim decisions will be eliminated.

I am into 1000 plus days to get a Decision Review Officer decision. I am being told that the average is 289 days. The VA waited over a year before they assigned a DRO then waited another year to outsource the decision to Newark NJ from Houston Texas.

Yesterday the VSO said that they do not know why its been setting on the DRO desk for a decision for so long but reintegrated that the decision will be retroactive. When asked if I die before the decision they said that the Wife will have to reapply for DIC. This is the second VSO that said something similar to this.