VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Will the VA try and reduce your rating for not using VA healthcare?

Rate this question

kent101

Question

If you don't use VA healthcare the VA won't have records of your treatment for your SC condition. Will the VA try and reduce your rating if they have no records? Should you be sending records from private healthcare periodically to the VAMC to protect your rating?

Edited by kent101
Update

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree pwrslm!

great post there buddy!  its good to do these things  just never mention a claim to Your PCP or Specialty Clinics.

get the medical paper trail going  its to your favor!

Edited by Buck52

My current PCP wrote a nexus without me even asking for one or even me telling him that I have a claim in process.  This is a new PCP because the last one I had at a different VA medical center did things like writing up false statements in my records and asking me why I was there, when it was clear that I was there for my annual appointment. 

My current PCP looked over some of my military and civilian hospital records and current s/c disabilities and wrote a statement in my records stating that the condition I have is CHRONIC  and is in part caused  by my S/C disability.  The condition he wrote about is on of my current claims and I never even told him that I have a claim for that condition. 

So, my point is seeing a VA doc can go both ways it just depend on the pcp.

On 3/18/2017 at 9:10 PM, Buck52 said:

I agree pwrslm!

great post there buddy!  its good to do these things  just never mention a claim to Your PCP or Specialty Clinics.

get the medical paper trail going  its to your favor!

You said this in another thread "

I've often had a fear about the PTSD  LCSW therapist putting improvement Notes in Myhealthvet Notes...simply because when a VA employee  such  as a LCSW  or Even a  VA Phyistrist  or MH M.D.  IF they put these types of notes in your records  (you guessed it  BONUS) R.O. Sees this it will usually create a proposal to reduce .

My opinion I don't think PTSD will ever have a cure  but they can pres-wade you into thinking it can be....PTSD changes the mind and no matter how sociable you can try to be  you will always have Panic Attracts and other behavioral problems.

JMO"

I agree with you. I was recently enrolled in VA healthcare but I don't want to use it unless it's an emergency. Right now I'm using the Vet Center and my records are sealed from the eyes of the VARO. I like it that way. If they want to try and reduce me for it then I'll just have to NOD them and get my records from the Vet Center. My Vet Center therapist is a LPC. If those records don't show what I need I'll run off to a private MD and get what I need to win my NOD.

Edited by kent101

• HadIt.com Elder

Kent101

Are you sure your records are sealed? 

I was thinking the VA can pull your records any time the choose, vet center is a part of the VA...

They can look at your records  when they make their report and write statements!

I would not trust anyone that has anything to do with the VA that tell me my  VA records are sealed.

Unless you mean the HIPPA Law? or FOIA.

14 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Kent101

Are you sure your records are sealed? 

I was thinking the VA can pull your records any time the choose, vet center is a part of the VA...

They can look at your records  when they make their report and write statements!

I would not trust anyone that has anything to do with the VA that tell me my  VA records are sealed.

Unless you mean the HIPPA Law? or FOIA.

My Vet Center therapist had me sign a records release forms for my claim. She said the VA isn't authorized to look at your records without your consent.