VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

21-4140 -- Did VA Get It?

Rate this question

Snake Eyes

Question

I submitted a 21-4140 in January via mail and fax as a "routine" new year ritual. However, today I got a new one. I'm wondering if they only take these when THEY ask for them, if it just didn't get there or what.

Is it safe to fax this document to the VA or should it be sent certified mail... or both?

ALSO WONDERING... Does a veteran on TDIU P&T submit one of these every year for life? I'm turning 64 this year and I have not problem with the requirement to submit the form. Just thinking (hopefully, far) ahead to when I can't do such things anymore.

2 answers to this question

I send my form 21-4140 in every year via registered mail, return recite requested, when the va sends me the form to fill out and send back, usually its around November of every year. That way they can not say they never received it and you have proof you sent it. I staple the post office recite to a copy of the form and file for safe keeping if ever needed. ,

3 hours ago, Captdc said:

I send my form 21-4140 in every year via registered mail, return recite requested, when the va sends me the form to fill out and send back, usually its around November of every year. That way they can not say they never received it and you have proof you sent it. I staple the post office recite to a copy of the form and file for safe keeping if ever needed. ,

Thanks!  That's what I'll do.