VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Possible to get Reimbursement from ChampVA?

Rate this question

PinkPrincess71

Question

Husband was discharged 2011 in 2013 was given 90% disability.  During this entire time we paid for our insurance 1,000 per month as we had a very sickly child.  He put in an appeal and after he died, They said it should have been 100 and we are eligible for ChampVA.

How do I go about getting reimbursed for the monthly payments we made to Tricare back from 2011?  Also, How do I recoup all of the money spent on meds, services over the years.  I was dealing with a soldier who had seizures and TBI and 3 small children.  Plus our home flooded after he died.  I am clueless how to prove what was spent and what all champva will cover as well as is it ChampVA who does the reimbursement.

Thank you,

Frazzled.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Once you receive the 100 percent p and t letter,  fill out a ChampVA application for his dependants.

you have 18 months to claim past co pays. That clock starts on tue date of the award not the effective date.

copy all recipts of co pays bact to his effective date and mail them to ChampVa. ChanpVa will review it and send you a check. 

You can also check hadit radio show archives as we have ChampVa PAO as a frequent quest with several recorded shows to explain ChampVA. Just search Hadit for Glen Johnson ChampVa.

Hope this helps. 

John