VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Viet Vet marine here.

Rate this question

Donner

Question

I am currently rated as being 60% disabled, a combination of tinniutus and hearing loss, from the Artilllery, you see! :-) I have documentation of depression and want to pursue an increase in my compensation, but I am leery of VA downgrades, etc. I am 73 and draw retirement SS.  Thanks for any help. Semper Fi!

4 answers to this question

You currently have (2) SC conditions, 40% Hearing loss and a 10% for Tinnitus, right?

When you say "Pursue increase in your compensation," you're referring to filing a New Claim for your DX'd Depression, not an Increase for your Hearing Loss?

You're 73 and a Nam Vet, no other DX'd disabilities besides your Hearing, congrats on that. No AO Presumptivesjumping ugly by now is kind of a miracle in and of itself. Consider yourself Blessed.

Considering the 73 thing, I'd think you would agree, this is not a time for 1/2 Stepping. File the FDC for whatever MH DX you have, you might actually have PTSD, you never know. The Vet is often the last person to know he's been living all these years with PTSD.

Your VMC PCP will give you a PTSD Screening Questionaire, this is often the 1st step, then you're referred to the MH Dept for another PTSD Screening questionnaire. Give the PTSD Group Sessions consideration.

Semper Fi

Gastone, we do have ESP...my same questions too.

If you are incountry Vietnam...Gastone is certainly correct as to the presumptives due to AO.

And as he said:

"The Vet is often the last person to know he's been living all these years with PTSD."

So TRUE!

We had a Vietnam incountry vet here whose PTSD claim was denied because the examiner said he had been out of service for over 30 years.

It was absolute BS and I hope the veteran overcame that remark. There is NO time limit for PTSD claims at all! Nor any regulation the VA could cite.

At the same time I was helping a wife whose husband  had a form of lung cancer that I did not think the VA would SC. There is a 30 year time limit on certain types of lung cancers.

I think the PTSD vet's examiner got those regulations mixed up.

Edited by Berta

Donner, let me jerk your chain a bit. It's 3:10 pm EST, have you filed your MH FDC (Fully Developed Claim) yet. If not, do it after you wake from your afternoon NAP. :-)

Your Clock, in more ways than one, is TICKING.

Semper Fi

A good friend 73, just got his DRO IU Award 09/16. His PTSD 70% and a Denial Letter from the VA Vocational Rehab Dept got his Award.

Semper Fi