VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Posting

Rate this question

Guysr

Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Guysr,

Go ahead and post your question, I'' ll put it in the correct forum..if this is a Claims.or Appeal question  then your ok   post away buddy.

&

Welcome to Hadit.

Guysr, for New Meat, FNG's etc, there is a "No Wrong Door" policy. Buck will hook you up and get your posting where it belongs.

Just be sure to supply the relevant info necessary to help you. With some Vets, it's like pulling teeth.  Be sure to "redact" all your personal info before posting pdf copies.

Semper Fi

Sometimes I don't even know I want to post me questions in the TBI forum at times but I noticed nobody really answers questions in there.

Questions are answered by volunteers, on their own schedule.  Unfortunately, we dont have a lot of volunteers who are TBI victims, so many of us just do not have expertise on TBI.   One reason for that is that TBI victims are rarely all that cognizent and able to help others.  

Hadit NEEDS a TBI expert, so feel free to read up and learn all about TBI, and become the hadit TBI expert.  We already have 

experts on Hep C (alex Graham), Widows benefits (Berta), and we could really use an expert on TBI.  To become a TBI expert, you can do what Alex and Berta have done, and that is they have read hundreds of case laws (BVA and CAVC) on that subject, and they become familiar with the CFR's on the topic.    Feel free to dive right in, the water is fine.  As a former teacher once told me, you dont really learn something until you teach it.  You learn from your students.  So, try answering a few TBI questions, especially by citing regulations or case law for your answer.  

Thanks I'll try my best to help TBI survivors as far as sTBIs I pretty well versed. Although I'm only at 70% for just my TBI I am cognitive enough to answer severs TBI questions. I shouldn't be here, but I am so I want to help all that I can. Even my doctor was telling me at my exam he had filed a NOD that hasn't moved in 9 months I armed him with numbers email addresses to call/email  and gave him my number to give me updates. I may not have the ability to use my short term memory but when I repeat things and read things over and over my obsessions become memory's stuck in my head.

I am hanging up my Widow's DIC expert hat here Broncovet.

In the past 2 months, 2 widows of vets  came here with stories of VA malpractice that they felt caused their husband's deaths.One was posting in the Flu shot thread and one in another thread about getting medical records.Unfortunately it was difficult to follow their posts and both gave inconsistent information.

I became burned out by their situations.There is always a lot of painful memories for me to deal with in trying to help victims of malpractice.But it can  also be a tremendous waste of time.In both cases above, based on the very limited info there widows gave us, I saw potential for VA malpractice that did not comply with what they thought, so they just blew me off on that point.That's OK..... a real doctor would see what I saw anyhow.

My point is there is enough info here for anyone to direct a survivor to as far as DIC goes.

There are many types of DIC but all of that is explained here.Like veterans, a survivor is not prevented for raising more than one theory of entitlement.

Wrongful death is a different issue and that too is all explained in our FTCA and 1151 forums.

I have learned to breeze over long renditions of what claimants think their medical records say...;as to possible malpractice.

It does not even matter what we think their med recs reveal.

I advise anyone here who is willing to try to help a potential FTCA/1151 survivor to direct them right away,to obtain all medical records  and then obtain an IMO from a real doctor with expertise in the field of disability that might have caused the veteran's death.

I consider myself an AO expert, but you all can be one too.

There is nothing really complex at all about Nehmer.But Nehmer came up here again....

Claim from Vietnam Veteran- in country- plus documented AO presumptive disability equals AO SC award.

The EED under Nehmer 2010 is explained in this recent BVA decision:

https://www.va.gov/vetapp17/files1/1702381.txt

as well as in countless posts in our AO forum.

One more point about malpractice issues...These are serious charges  that involve more than idle descriptions of what VA did or did not do right. Maybe we should maintain the FTCA 1151 forums and the actual regulations , but close them to further comments -because only one thing can prove malpractice and that is documented medical evidence,supported by a very strong IMO, from a real doctor.