VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Stress and Insomnia exam

Rate this question

Usmc2395

Question

Good evening everyone, I've been lurking around this site for a while and haven't been able to find an answer so I figured I would just post it.

When I went to talk to the VA rep on Camp Lejeune I told him I had anxiety insomnia stress and depression. He wrote down only insomnia and stress and said depression and anxiety would fall under stress. 

Now today I had my mental exam with the mental evaluation doctor and he said I had anxiety for sure as well as depression and stress. So I was wondering since on ebenefits it only has stress and insomnia listed under what I claimed, so do I need to claim depression and anxiety separately? Even if the mental evaluation doctor said I had it and wrote it down? Thank you very much for your help

Edited by Usmc2395
Typo

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe you will be ok, they roll all that together anyway and  they only give one rating for a mental condition  rather its anxiety stress depression, you may request a PTSD evaluation   and that too is a mental condition and only get one rating and they rate the % on how bad your symptoms  are.

Edited by Buck52

The doctor opinioned diagnosis will be all that matters and this is a guess but it might say something along the lines that due to your sleeping disturbances/ insomnia it's cause you depression and anxiety residuals and lump it all together. 

I'm sorry if I confused you his opinion will

be on the C&P exam not just a VA rep will know if done by your VA check ebenefits health records blue button. The exam should be there after 3 working days.

Edited by jfrei