VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BRS (Blind Rehabilitation Services)

Has anyone had a referral to the BRS Program? I am a candidate for it and I am wondering if some of the services of this program have been helpful to others.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent question.  I suggest you apply, then document your experience on hadit, so that you can assist other blind Veterans.    Or, maybe someone else can chime in who has been through the program, but you can still apply and post your views on this.  

• HadIt.com Elder

what is the criteria for BRS? there should be something about this in the CFR'S 

What services does the VA provide for blind veterans?

Blind veterans may be eligible for services at a VA Medical Center or for admission to a VA blind rehabilitation center or clinic. Services are available at all VA medical facilities through the Visual Impairment Services (VIST) Coordinator.

I some times feel like I am going blind  and I mention this to the VA Eye Dr's  I can't see to read or type without  reading glasses  if I take them off  all I see is just mixed up scribble letters and can't til what they are blurred vision.

but I can see  things ok far away and if its big letters, the eye VA Eye Dr's says nothing wrong with my vision and I don't even need  glasses...but there full of sh** I need reading glasses to see anything up close or unless its in Inch or  bigger letters...I can see to drive  but when it comes to reading I'm totally blind without my reading glasses.

Edited by Buck52