VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

ILP/Voc-Rehab

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Any body know what the criteria is for I.L.P. /VocRehab

for a walk-in bathtub to be installed in my bathroom?

I have fell in my shower twice this year because of my Arthritis in my knees  my knees give out and I slip and fall, I have grab bars inside the shower walls but when I fall I don't have time to grab the darn things. so I was thinking I need to be setting while bathing...and I can't get up out of the bathtub  if taking a bath  so I always just took shower.

now my right arm is bang up...I did this last year and had to go see the VA PCP Nurse.  so its documented that I fall in my shower.

Edited by Buck52

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Other than asking Alex, who is the resident ILP expert, IDK.  However, here is a suggestion, that might just work:

Contact your local contractor that does these bathroom installs.  They "might" just know what it takes for them to get paid to do this.  

Of course, you would need some documentation that you NEED this bathtub installed, that is, that it can/would prevent you falling.  

Falling is a very big deal for the elderly.  I read where HALF the people over 65 who break a hip die within about 2 years.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Good Ideal broncovet...I don't know any local contractors, (phone book maybe?) I will ask my VA- PCP who and where I need to contact as for as the VA Paying the bill,I figure fill out applications for I.L.P. AND THE APP FOR THE TUB?  If approved they should do all the contracting out  or come out and see for them self what were up against.

The problem we have is the Bathtub we have now is a big Garden Tub with jet spouts  and we can't use it cause its to big to get in and out of, big step up and the tub is pretty deep.

it was Ideal when we were younger  &. it would need to be taken out and the walk-in tub put in its place.

We can't afford to pay for the walk-in tub tub and the installation.

I had to stop walking because of my Knee pain  its got worse, and my knee will just give out on me any given time,,,,as for as Knee replacement..I am checking into that  but for now I need to have some safty precautions here at home....a walk in bathtub would benefit me and my spouse  as she has neuroeaphy  very bad & wobbles a lot  She is getting SSDI & is considered totally disable.

but SSA don't have a program for a walk-in tub?

''Falling is a very big deal for the elderly.  I read where HALF the people over 65 who break a hip die within about 2 years.''  

I think Jerrel Cook with the Hadit Radio Podcast  is doing great , he broke his hip here not to long ago but I don't know how well he is getting around?  he sounds pretty good on the hadit radio shows.