VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD rating reduction

Rate this question

Blueboy

Question

Under Explanation his letter informs me of a reduction in my PTSD disability rating from 50% to 30%. It lists the reasoning for this decision. 

They noted all these items as reasons for the reduction but never explained how they arrived at their decision other than "the overall evidentiary record shows":...

No where do any of these terms show up in any evaluation in my medical records. I've appealed it. How do they get away with manufacturing this type of evidence? Of course they did not give me due process, I had no predetermination hearing.  In my NOD I stated, "To date I have not received this predetermination hearing. I believe this may have been offered in correspondence somewhere, but the confusion of proposed vs. an actual reduction may have clouded the issue. In any event, if I am entitled to a hearing, I request one be scheduled."  Do you think I have a case?

nag.thumb.png.36307412737f9c4c5995ee2ca2fb4b8d.png

You are at 100% and you retain service connection for the PTSD, What did you lose and what will you gain with an appeal?

Edited by Swarthy

20 minutes ago, Swarthy said:

You are at 100% and you retain service connection for the PTSD, What did you lose and what will you gain with an appeal?

I lost some money, but that's not the point. I can't let the VA raters get away with being my Mental Health evaporators. They have no knowledge of Mental Health and the only ones that can say I've improved are myself and my doctors. You don't cure or improve a condition that has been there for 40 years in 6 months. Also the evidence they presented is bogus. Money is not the object.

• HadIt.com Elder

you should listen to the hadit radio podcast show on 4-27-17 , you can go to the podcsat and clink on that show date

Jbasser and jerrel had Jame Cripps on the show and James talked about Veterans with PTSD and knew another veteran with PTSD that over came it, as in combat the daily things that was happening and learn to just put up with it and not dewell on the bad things that they witness and just learn to adapt to the circumstances....I for got what all he mention , you just need to listen to the show  about 20 minutes into the show he starts to talk about it...it maybe worth your listening to as to how this veteran did not let PTSD Ruin his life.

I realize what works for some won't work for others  but I found that to be interesting.