VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

CAC

Rate this question

babyray

Question

I filled out a reservation for a room at a military base in Biloxi MS and they ask me for a CAC card. what kind of card is this? I got a DOD card because I am 100% SC disable.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Getting a Veteran ID Card

Getting a Veteran ID Card from Different Entities

Department of Defense Common Access Card  (CAC )

If you’re eligible for a DoD card we probably don’t have to tell you how to get replacements or cards for your dependents. We’ll just give you the link.

Department of Veteran Affairs ID

The only way you can get a Veteran ID Card is to enroll for health care from the VA. You can enroll by submitting an annual application and occasionally having a short physical. Many people who maintain their VA eligibility still use their regular insurance or Medicare (and doctor) for their routine healthcare.

If you’re eligible, having the VA hospital system in your back pocket isn’t a bad idea in itself. Most prescriptions are much cheaper and the co-pays are much lower than Medicare or other insurance programs. It also counts as a health care program under the new Affordable Care Act that goes into effect in 2014. (CURRENTLY BEING CONTESTED WITH THE NEW  (ADMINISTRATION)

We cover what you’ll need to know to enroll on our Veteran’s Health Care page. If you have more questions you can reach us at 888 777-4443 Monday through Friday, from 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM Pacific time.

On July 20, 2015 the President signed H.R. 91, which authorizes the Department of Veterans Affairs to issue a Veteran ID card to any Veteran who presents a DD-214. The DVA will charge a fee for the card. The VA reports that they will not be issuing these cards until some time in 2017.

State Verified Veteran Status

Many of the various State governments have stepped in and provided a logo on their Driver’s and ID cards that will verify your veteran status and act as a Veteran ID card. The logo won’t be accepted as legal proof of eligibility for Veteran’s benefits, but just about any business that offers discounts will honor it. You can contact your State’s department that issues driver’s licenses for more information, or give us a call (888 777-4443) and we’ll look it up for you.