VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

seminoles

Question

I recently had a cp exam for two things.  One, I have a note of in service complaint of the issue, complaining of the same issue at the VA and current diagnosis of the problem.  The examiner said less likely than not service connected and due to having babies.......yep, started in service after birth of second child.   Two, I have note of in service and never had another problem with ever again.  I never went to the doctor for it once in 20 years plus since getting out, she service connected me for it.......only thing I can figure is that One is rated at 60% and Two is 10 or 20%.     I was rated for my mental health for one note, one visit, no diagnosis in service.  I am not sure why this is any different?  I was shamed when I brought it up by the corpsman and the doctor at my annual and told to suck it up and wear a pad (bladder stress incontinence) and I was 22.  I was embarrassed as hell, I had circled it in the questionnaire and told them and they blew me off.  I didn't bring it up again until 10 years later at the VA and the gyn told me to lose 10 lbs and it would go away (wasn't overweight then or ever).  Finally, last year I brought it up to my pcp because let's face it those damn pads are expensive and I am now 45 and between the stress incontinence itself and the fact that I puke regularly from my migraines (sc) he sent me to a urologist who said it has nothing to do with my weight and most definitely did start in service (in my va notes, not that it matters) but how can this quack cp nurse say it isn't sc because I waited 21 years and it is from having babies in one breath.........then say my sinus infections are sc but I don't even have them anymore?  Seriously, I do not understand their rationale on this at all. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Go see a private  urologist that specializing in this and let him know your trying to get it S.C.  Just explain to him/her how the VA Works  and you would like his/her opinion rather or nor  it could be a possibility likely as not  is due to your military service  spoon fed this Dr...but be nice   usually when the Dr understand what you need and why you need it they will be more likely to help you.

A Dr told my spouse the same thing lose 10 bs and it will go away  and she is 135lb soaking wet.

Edited by Buck52

4 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

Go see a private  urologist that specializing in this and let him know your trying to get it S.C.  Just explain to him/her how the VA Works  and you would like his/her opinion rather or nor  it could be a possibility likely as not  is due to your military service  spoon fed this Dr...but be nice   usually when the Dr understand what you need and why you need it they will be more likely to help you.

I am wondering if it can be a gp?  the person who did the cp exam was not a urologist or a gyn so I am hoping that my NP who I know will fill it out correctly and in my favor will be enough along with the VA urologist.  My constant vomiting from my sc migraines alone with my constipation issues from my meds def. worsen this as well.  The vomiting causes such violent incontinence that pads dont work I have to wear freaking diapers.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes  but you need a Dr to state so & name all the contentions it causes like issues with your medications,  constant vomiting  and constipation  headaches  dizziness .

my wife uses the poise # 6 over night absorbance pads.  but lately she said she may have to try a different pad o higher absorbance Pads 

However She don't vomit...but has incontinence very bad  laughing or stain of any kind and has no control.

19 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

Yes  but you need a Dr to state so & name all the contentions it causes like issues with your medications,  constant vomiting  and constipation  headaches  dizziness .

my wife uses the poise # 6 over night absorbance pads.  but lately she said she may have to try a different pad o higher absorbance Pads 

However She don't vomit...but has incontinence very bad  laughing or stain of any kind and has no control.

I am prescribed by the VA for stress incontinence 5 pads per day and 2 briefs, I am not even going to bother adding that the other things make it worse at this point, it seems that too much information confuses them.  Seriously.  I use the Poise #6 during the day and the briefs they send me kinda suck honeslty but I use those when i am bedridden with a migraine and at night so I am not going to bitch about them, they work but not nearly as well as the depends brand.  Yes, laughing, sneezing or simply lifting something causes leaking.  I am not getting the surgery either, at this point I have lived with it for over 20 years and I am not going under general for something that isn't going to kill me, I have entirely too many health problems to do a surgery that isn't medically necessary or even guaranteed to work or not cause other problems ;)

Edited by seminoles

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes my wife is in the same boat with ya!

On 3/21/2017 at 7:54 PM, Buck52 said:

Well, crap Buck I have an appointment later this week to have a letter to upload to ebenefits and my claim moved from gathering evidence last Friday to preparation for notification yesterday.  I doubt that I can change anything fast enough.  I also had a very good request already uploaded citing case law for a new mh exam. I don't think I have ever heard of a claim moving backward from this point before, so wish me luck! I can always deal with new evidence but hoping the terds don't try to reduce me at all in the mean time and all is good news in the end.  How long do you think it will take for ebennies to update my current claims information?  Typically this stage moves pretty fast right?