VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

seminoles

Question

I recently had a cp exam for two things.  One, I have a note of in service complaint of the issue, complaining of the same issue at the VA and current diagnosis of the problem.  The examiner said less likely than not service connected and due to having babies.......yep, started in service after birth of second child.   Two, I have note of in service and never had another problem with ever again.  I never went to the doctor for it once in 20 years plus since getting out, she service connected me for it.......only thing I can figure is that One is rated at 60% and Two is 10 or 20%.     I was rated for my mental health for one note, one visit, no diagnosis in service.  I am not sure why this is any different?  I was shamed when I brought it up by the corpsman and the doctor at my annual and told to suck it up and wear a pad (bladder stress incontinence) and I was 22.  I was embarrassed as hell, I had circled it in the questionnaire and told them and they blew me off.  I didn't bring it up again until 10 years later at the VA and the gyn told me to lose 10 lbs and it would go away (wasn't overweight then or ever).  Finally, last year I brought it up to my pcp because let's face it those damn pads are expensive and I am now 45 and between the stress incontinence itself and the fact that I puke regularly from my migraines (sc) he sent me to a urologist who said it has nothing to do with my weight and most definitely did start in service (in my va notes, not that it matters) but how can this quack cp nurse say it isn't sc because I waited 21 years and it is from having babies in one breath.........then say my sinus infections are sc but I don't even have them anymore?  Seriously, I do not understand their rationale on this at all. 

• HadIt.com Elder

If your claim is in prep for notification   I think you got this one Aced. 

Did you get a Prep for Approval? first? if yes then you win!

Good Luck!

2 hours ago, Buck52 said:

If your claim is in prep for notification   I think you got this one Aced. 

Did you get a Prep for Approval? first? if yes then you win!

Good Luck!

I never saw anything between gathing of evidence and prep for notification, it was strange, a couple new things I claimed I didn't recieve cp exams for either, so this is truly a strange thing.  I didn't do a FDC either, I guess we shall see, this is for housebound/aid and attendance as well.  My pcp filled out all the proper paperwork so ugh, at this point the VA has scared me to death about reduction and so has every VSO on the planet.  lol  I will let you know when I get the update, hopefully I don't have to fight anymore and all is done!

• HadIt.com Elder

e benefits should be called ''GUESS WHAT WERE UP TO TODAY'' 

They change things back and forth so much   we can't tell heads from tails some times about how our claims are going.

I think you don't have much longer to wait  just hang in there.

• HadIt.com Elder

If there is anyway you can see a board certified urologist that would help to get a letter from one. I am seeing Dr. Haber at the Cleveland Clinic who did my Kidney cancer surgery. Pads are expensive, I found out when I had a lypoma removed and then had gotten a nosocomial infection. The hospital cut my sutures for drainage, and that went on for months. I don't know who invented wings, but they are my hero.

• HadIt.com Elder

I heard good things from the Cleveland Clinic,

I have a swollen prostate causing me dribble  VA PCP gets me the Depend Pads   comes in 2 boxes with 4 packs in each box...but these pads maybe different from what Seminoles  uses she is Female

My spouse has tried them and says  they don't fit right.

4 hours ago, MikeR said:

If there is anyway you can see a board certified urologist that would help to get a letter from one. I am seeing Dr. Haber at the Cleveland Clinic who did my Kidney cancer surgery. Pads are expensive, I found out when I had a lypoma removed and then had gotten a nosocomial infection. The hospital cut my sutures for drainage, and that went on for months. I don't know who invented wings, but they are my hero.

Mike I already receive the pads from the VA and the va urologist's notes not only stated it started after the birth of my first child (which was during active duty) but it is in my ad records which I submitted as well.  The cp examiner was a twit I will say twit because I can't say worse.......she filled out the entire exam giving me 60% saying it would even prevent me from working then said less likely than not due to ad service and due to having babies bwahaha......it doesn't get better than that.  I can add additional evidence later if need be, but the fact that it is so far I dont' think I can do much now. I am sure it will close in the next day or so honestly.  I did a very good statement of claim with evidence from ad, my va urologist etc. so hopefully that is enough ;)  60% rating is HUGE