VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

seminoles

Question

I recently had a cp exam for two things.  One, I have a note of in service complaint of the issue, complaining of the same issue at the VA and current diagnosis of the problem.  The examiner said less likely than not service connected and due to having babies.......yep, started in service after birth of second child.   Two, I have note of in service and never had another problem with ever again.  I never went to the doctor for it once in 20 years plus since getting out, she service connected me for it.......only thing I can figure is that One is rated at 60% and Two is 10 or 20%.     I was rated for my mental health for one note, one visit, no diagnosis in service.  I am not sure why this is any different?  I was shamed when I brought it up by the corpsman and the doctor at my annual and told to suck it up and wear a pad (bladder stress incontinence) and I was 22.  I was embarrassed as hell, I had circled it in the questionnaire and told them and they blew me off.  I didn't bring it up again until 10 years later at the VA and the gyn told me to lose 10 lbs and it would go away (wasn't overweight then or ever).  Finally, last year I brought it up to my pcp because let's face it those damn pads are expensive and I am now 45 and between the stress incontinence itself and the fact that I puke regularly from my migraines (sc) he sent me to a urologist who said it has nothing to do with my weight and most definitely did start in service (in my va notes, not that it matters) but how can this quack cp nurse say it isn't sc because I waited 21 years and it is from having babies in one breath.........then say my sinus infections are sc but I don't even have them anymore?  Seriously, I do not understand their rationale on this at all. 

1 hour ago, Buck52 said:

I heard good things from the Cleveland Clinic,

I have a swollen prostate causing me dribble  VA PCP gets me the Depend Pads   comes in 2 boxes with 4 packs in each box...but these pads maybe different from what Seminoles  uses she is Female

My spouse has tried them and says  they don't fit right.

The va urologist has the pads and briefs sent to me, that are soo expensive.  I need the briefs for night and when I have migraines, the women's pads are poise ones and some are better than others honestly.  Tell your wife to try the different fits/absorbancy ones.   Brand matters for sure, I get generic briefs and they suck but do the job and I am at home when I use them so I don't complain.

• HadIt.com Elder

Sort of reminds me of the fact that the VA won't send us Insulin Pens. The doctors ask for this stuff, but the Contract people are told to buy the lowest price technically acceptable. I think if we ask nicely the PCPs for the nicer stuff, they may demand it for us. They can always buy an item "Brand Name or Equal." All they have to do is list the salient features of the item. After all, VA is here for who?

On 3/28/2017 at 5:46 PM, Buck52 said:

If your claim is in prep for notification   I think you got this one Aced. 

Did you get a Prep for Approval? first? if yes then you win!

Good Luck!

Buck moved back to preparation for decision, never heard of a claim moving backward from that point honestly..........never can tell,.

• HadIt.com Elder

Seminoles,

if this is not an Appeals claim (NOD)?

I think their just missing with ya and bidding time, if your claim moved from prep  for notification and back to prep for decision   someone messed up and another senior rater caught something that needed fixed. '' so to speak'' and moved it back to prep for gathering of evidence or'' prep for decision?  But

what happen to  ''prep for decision approval''?

if not then their just messing with it and bidding time.

Watch it close every day and when it gets to ''Prep for notification''    then that means a decision has been made on your claim & their preparing the packet to be mailed and sent  After all copies have been made, after they do that your claim will close... >if it goes back to prep for decision again   call them.  ( IRIS)

As I understand the rating system  each rater has a certain job to to  do and that is  RTC  ''Rate the Claim''...and it goes for one rater to the next  when a rater finalize his part of the claim

At first your claims go something like this

''We have Received your claim on (date ##-##### &''prep for gathering evidence'' explanation of the claim (what your claiming)

then another rater will get it and prep for decision (unless more evidence is needed) then they prepare a letter to inform you of  need more evidence  ect,,,ect,,,  & After that

Then'' prep for decision'' then another rater gets it  ''prep for decision approval'' , then another rater gets it and ''prep for notification'' unless someone finds something wrong then they throw it back on the rater that messed up......this is in part why it takes them forever to  RTC (rate the claim)...especially if their training raters  fresh from rating school.

THE FINAL RATER HAS THE MOST RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK YOUR CLAIM FOR CLARITY/ACCURACY .  If he finds something then he kicks it back to the proper rater.

But normally when it gets to Prep for notification  its ready!

if your claim don't go back to pre for notification within a week I'd sure call them and ask what is going on?

P.S.

you can check on e benefits  ''work in process'' and click on the date you filed  your claim  and it will open a new window of explanation...and it will let you know the status of your claim  and on the end of  3 sentences  they will have a Question Mark

Hover your mouse cursor over the question marks  one at a time and a orange /pickish window will appear and  it will explain the status of your claim a little more clearly.

jmo

Edited by Buck52

14 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Seminoles,

if this is not an Appeals claim (NOD)?

I think their just missing with ya and bidding time, if your claim moved from prep  for notification and back to prep for decision   someone messed up and another senior rater caught something that needed fixed. '' so to speak'' and moved it back to prep for gathering of evidence or'' prep for decision?  But

what happen to  ''prep for decision approval''?

if not then their just messing with it and bidding time.

Watch it close every day and when it gets to ''Prep for notification''    then that means a decision has been made on your claim & their preparing the packet to be mailed and sent  After all copies have been made, after they do that your claim will close... >if it goes back to prep for decision again   call them.  ( IRIS)

As I understand the rating system  each rater has a certain job to to  do and that is  RTC  ''Rate the Claim''...and it goes for one rater to the next  when a rater finalize his part of the claim

At first your claims go something like this

''We have Received your claim on (date ##-##### &''prep for gathering evidence'' explanation of the claim (what your claiming)

then another rater will get it and prep for decision (unless more evidence is needed) then they prepare a letter to inform you of  need more evidence  ect,,,ect,,,  & After that

Then'' prep for decision'' then another rater gets it  ''prep for decision approval'' , then another rater gets it and ''prep for notification'' unless someone finds something wrong then they throw it back on the rater that messed up......this is in part why it takes them forever to  RTC (rate the claim)...especially if their training raters  fresh from rating school.

THE FINAL RATER HAS THE MOST RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK YOUR CLAIM FOR CLARITY/ACCURACY .  If he finds something then he kicks it back to the proper rater.

But normally when it gets to Prep for notification  its ready!

if your claim don't go back to pre for notification within a week I'd sure call them and ask what is going on?

P.S.

you can check on e benefits  ''work in process'' and click on the date you filed  your claim  and it will open a new window of explanation...and it will let you know the status of your claim  and on the end of  3 sentences  they will have a Question Mark

Hover your mouse cursor over the question marks  one at a time and a orange /pickish window will appear and  it will explain the status of your claim a little more clearly.

jmo

I am going to message you, I am about to have a heart attack!