VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

When is it best to go for Schedular?

Rate this question

allansc2005

Question

Back in January, I was awarded a CUE and P & T IU, and I have numerous open claims that have yet to be decided, a few of which are remanded cases.

From everything I've read here posted by attorney Chris Attig, you should never just give up after receiving 100%, be it scheduler or IU.

It's also known that with IU, you have to declare every year that you are not employed, and if you fail to report, you're subject to getting a % reduction.

So, in view of this, what are the advantages of scheduler over IU? I have no spouse or kids at home that would benefit from P&T IU.

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!

• HadIt.com Elder
18 hours ago, allansc2005 said:

broncovet, I'm SMC R1, not SMC S. if it makes any difference.

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!

This is why I said you being SMC R 1  getting that  Disqualify you for SMC S  even tho I know you never mention getting SMC-S  ( I miss read that and I apologize to you Sir.)

Never the less you got your answer!   

Just to set the record straight here,

The remaining cases that I have are either remands back from the BVA, or older cases that are waiting to be decided.

Once I get that "white envelope", I will decide, along with the other cases once they are decided, whether to "fight or flee".

So in other words, I'm not stressing anything, nor is this consuming my life.

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger That  allansc2005.  I hope your smiling after you get that ''White Envelope''

Buck, a bigger smile is in order, no doubt.

It's like that old country song, He'll Have To Go, by Jim Reeves(paraphrasing) "Put those big hands a little closer to the mailbox, and pretend that white envelope is all alone(no bills)..." HAHAHA!!:lol:

broncovet, is that 60% separate from your IU from a single condition, or combined? In other words, in order to qualify for SMC, does the 60% HAVE to be from just one condition, or a combination of conditions not included in your IU?

I was awarded SMC K-1 by the way, so am asking this question so other vets will know.

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!