VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I always overlook things

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

So reading this when she says there's a great deal of overlap in symptoms and it is likely that one exacerbates the other but she's can't opinioned if it's so not her specialty. That is the reason they denied me a request for a new C&P... I actually read the report and there were sum missed and facts incorrect maybe she could have got it right had she had the facts right?

IMG_3352.JPG

6 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I don't have much experience in TBI evals, but am wondering if this might be to help rule out pyramiding and also to help assign the correct %'s for each condition.

I know this just came to me had I not been acting reckless maybe I would not have been in the car all I'm saying it's been investigated and the defect caused the crash but what if I had not been acting reckless like she said maybe I would not have crash and got the recall notice I got when I was in the coma. I'm just thinking instead of the TBI causing the ptsd the ptsd is what caused my being in the car that crashed due to the defect which caused my TBI. Makes my head just thinking about it

It's hard to say for certain, but "mere speculation" is not always a bad thing. Relative equipoise may be a factor for you. If the evidence is both for and against, the VA is supposed to side with the veteran. When I filed my claim for chronic pain/depression secondary to my SC disability, my C&P doc stated "mere speculation" pretty much like what your doc wrote. I was initially denied, but I ended up winning on appeal due to relative equipoise.

I'm just mad I just noticed she said my PTSD began before my TBI and my TBI review said I had no mental diagnosis related to my TBI. I've never even said anything to any doctors about how maybe it was the other way around I think I paddled up shit creek to find out the oars had holes in them and I was counter productive. 

It is not unusual for the VA to make mistakes like this. It's probably a case of someone failing to read or document things correctly.

One of my initial C&P's totally contradicted itself in a similar manner. One sentence said, "no painful motion". But the next said, "pain starts when motion begins".

And keep in mind that initial claims and exams don't always get it right. That's why I always recommend everyone carefully read relevant medical records, C&P exams, and the award/denial letter from the VA. You can identify any goofs and make the VA aware so they can correct them.