VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P for ptsd ,currently 50% combat ptsd and trying for 70%

Rate this question

stebarbar

Question

I had exam 3/2/2017  The bd12 score 63, occupational & soc impairment with deficiencies in most arears,such work,family relations,   school                                                                                                                                                                                                           ,judgement,thinking and or mood. no hobbies/interests,retains some pride in apperance,bathing 3-4 p/wk shaves 2-3 p/wk.osa diagnosis yes.   nightmares 2-3 times p/wk involves bodies and casualties,depressed mood,anxiety and panics attacks more than once a week.{ I didnt tell is daily unless it appralozam and paxil} chronic sleep impairment,  mild memory loss,  circumstantial.circum or stereotyped speech, disturbances of motivation and mood, difficulty in establish and maintaining work and social relationships, sucidal ideation.

Edited by stebarbar
thought i loss comments

5 answers to this question

43 minutes ago, stebarbar said:

I had exam 3/2/2017  The bd12 score 63, occupational & soc impairment with deficiencies in most arears,such work,family relations,   school                                                                                                                                                                                                           ,judgement,thinking and or mood. no hobbies/interests,retains some pride in apperance,bathing 3-4 p/wk shaves 2-3 p/wk.osa diagnosis yes.   nightmares 2-3 times p/wk involves bodies and casualties,depressed mood,anxiety and panics attacks more than once a week.{ I didnt tell is daily unless it appralozam and paxil} chronic sleep impairment,  mild memory loss,  circumstantial.circum or stereotyped speech, disturbances of motivation and mood, difficulty in establish and maintaining work and social relationships, sucidal ideation.  C&P examiner remarks: ,rrtd dsm 5. diagnoisis [more likely than not correct]. He frankly could not compredmiss items on the test. I actually think his cognitive difficulties & slower processing speed  may be greaterindustrially than ptsd.he reportssubjective in crease in panis attacks but I cannot differentiate a ptsd phenomeon from a felt loss of cognitive,                                                                                                                                                                      He never asked about my combat ptsd experiences and says  I am slow since i didnt comprend 1 qustions.  This was for unemployabilty but is moot. I have a appeal to the BVA in2015 for a increase from 50% to70%.                                                    Please let know what think of getting 70% for combat PTSD   Thanks again sorry screwed up the first msg

If I had to throw out a WAG Id say 70% likely based on the "occupational & soc impairment with deficiencies in most areas". If you could redact and post your C&P that would help alot of folks out on here. I can tell you that the C&P is just a piece of evidence that the VA will use to decide your claim. You doctors notes and treatment records and everything will come in to play when they go to decide your claim. In my opinion, the C&P is one of the biggest pieces because I was diagnosed with PTSD in 2011 by a VA doc and have been on meds and going thru treatment ever since and when I applied they denied me because the doc that did the exam was a joke. On the other hand I had a buddy diagnosed with anxiety in service retired and applied for comp and the exam was not favorable at all and he still ended up with 30%. So it will depend on more than just the C&P.... Hope this helps!

52 minutes ago, armyvet89 said:

If I had to throw out a WAG Id say 70% likely based on the "occupational & soc impairment with deficiencies in most areas". If you could redact and post your C&P that would help alot of folks out on here. I can tell you that the C&P is just a piece of evidence that the VA will use to decide your claim. You doctors notes and treatment records and everything will come in to play when they go to decide your claim. In my opinion, the C&P is one of the biggest pieces because I was diagnosed with PTSD in 2011 by a VA doc and have been on meds and going thru treatment ever since and when I applied they denied me because the doc that did the exam was a joke. On the other hand I had a buddy diagnosed with anxiety in service retired and applied for comp and the exam was not favorable at all and he still ended up with 30%. So it will depend on more than just the C&P.... Hope this helps!