VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

prescription records

Rate this question

Army57978

Question

Is there a place that the Army stores prescription records? I finally got my medical records but there is no record of any prescriptions dispensed at the the military hospital and I don't know if they don't store these or if they are just lost to the years. Anyone know? 

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Before I separated I requested my entire medical record. My records were surprisingly neatly organized in a PDF document. Detailing when/where/what I was seen for to include all my active and past medications.

Of course I just got out so I imagine if you have been out awhile that your record might not be so neatly configured. That being said, I would imagine that the Army would try and centrally store all medical records to include past prescriptions. Unfortunately I am not sure where that would be.

Have you tried contacting the hospital in question to see if they still happen to have any of your medical records, or is that the place you got your incomplete record from? if anything I imagine they may very well be able to tell you where next to look.

Good luck.