VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Initial PTSD claim denied

Rate this question

SpinningWheelsInIndy

Question

How do i proceed with this claim I filed in Nov 2016 which has  been denied without a C&P exam or any communication from the VA. I currently have a VSO but they are completely useless so that is not an option, (when I informed my VSO that i intended to file this claim he said to me you are already rated 70 percent so why rock the boat?).

Denial Letter 4-29-17.pdf

Edited by SpinningWheelsInIndy

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Ok, I read it. They pretty much denied you with what looks like a template. Did you have a statement from a Doctor/Psychologist opining that you had PTSD, and that it was more likely than not Service Connected? What does the VA doctor say, do they claim that you do not suffer PTSD?

Time to log on ebenefits if you need a guide you can message me and I'll give you a tutorial on how to file your own claim. If you don't have a computer or a public library. But not to be nosey but what stressor are you claiming happened as in my case they first verified if I had a stressor incident before I scheduled my C&P. If it's a medical reason which is likely they ask the opinion of a doctor what he thinks about it being stressor. My sTBI was a stressor which is why they lumped it with that and not my second stressor from deployment. Call this tomorrow and ask what's going on with why no C&P and hell or she'll explain and either put in an inquiry or explain why so now you know what your plan of attack will be.(202) 530-9470 tells us what they tell you

You are diagnosed with Anxiety? Depression? PTSD? All 3? The RO looked for evidence of a mental health diagnosis in service and found none.

Also what was the claim you withdrew?

And wow they're nice, I've never had an RO 'regret to inform me'?