VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What will probably happen if i request a copy of my C-file with an active claim pending?

Rate this question

saxman

Question

Hi all, I have an claim pending and stuck in gathering evidence for 4 months.  I would like to request my c-file but I'm wondering will the VA label it as a claim and lump it with the claim I have pending and consider it one claim therefore pushing the my current claim even further back?  One main reason I would like a copy is so I can prepare myself for a NOD if I need to for this current claim, and another is to see what the Dr wrote from my last c&p exam. Note, the exam was done by QTC, so I don't have the easy access to the exam.  I know he told me that my issues were service connected, so therefore I would really like to see exactly what her wrote.    Thanks in advance for any reply. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Some say the VA will lump it as a new claim

I differ from that ,I say it does not matter about your claim already in process if and when you Request your C-File.

if any thing it may buy you some extra time to properly gather your evidence for your claim, but I doubt the VA will wait for you to get your C-File   They should have it to look for evidence about your current claim.

but unfortunately they will probably decide your claim before you get your C-File

but when you do get your C-File and your denied be sure to file your NOD within a year  because it will take you some time to get your C-file   4 months to a year or even longer.

I let All Veterans Know to Request their C-File before submitting a claim  or at least fille the  (ITF) Intent to File  and at the same time Request the C-file.

Saxman, another thing you might keep in mind is that, according to the VA, they had an unexpected 30,000 cases yet to be decided since September 2016, so plan accordingly.

The article is here on hadit.com

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!

• HadIt.com Elder

You can request a copy of your QTC C&P Exam from the VBA (Veterans Benefits Administration) Usually located at your VAMC. ...(.After 3 weeks) of your exam.

I requested a copy of my C-file & received in within a 3 month time period, with claim pending and no interference. ( it was a bulk - snail mail box full of paper - not on CD) FYI

Same here, my C-File came in a rice paper box, minus a few pending claims I had to grab off Ebenefits.

Took the 3 pounds of paper to the photo shop at the PX Mall, and had them copy it to a CD and a Thumb Drive.

10 Bucks well spent!

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!