VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What will probably happen if i request a copy of my C-file with an active claim pending?

Rate this question

saxman

Question

Hi all, I have an claim pending and stuck in gathering evidence for 4 months.  I would like to request my c-file but I'm wondering will the VA label it as a claim and lump it with the claim I have pending and consider it one claim therefore pushing the my current claim even further back?  One main reason I would like a copy is so I can prepare myself for a NOD if I need to for this current claim, and another is to see what the Dr wrote from my last c&p exam. Note, the exam was done by QTC, so I don't have the easy access to the exam.  I know he told me that my issues were service connected, so therefore I would really like to see exactly what her wrote.    Thanks in advance for any reply. 

allansc2005 Great minds think alike - I put mine on a flash drive - storage device too - 8 GB with a backup just in case.

L, I just wish more Reps would encourage veterans to use today's technology to their advantage. Use Ebenefits, join Blogs like this...

It would go a long way in educating todays veterans, and help things run a little smoother.

I talked to a young veteran the other day that didn't know what a C-File was, didn't know about Ebenefits, didn't know he could file for an increase from his 10%!

It's a damn shame!

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!

• Founder
3 hours ago, allansc2005 said:

Saxman, another thing you might keep in mind is that, according to the VA, they had an unexpected 30,000 cases yet to be decided since September 2016, so plan accordingly.

The article is here on hadit.com

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!

Here's a link to that article Once a fixed issue, the VA disability claims backlog is on the rise again

• Founder

Get the word out

HadIt.com Pass It On Cards. They are in a PDF format you can print them out cut them there are 12 to a page. If you have found HadIt.com helpful and would like to pass it on to other veterans this is an easy way to do it.I hope you find them helpful, feel free to leave a few anywhere veterans gather, veterans centers, veterans hospitals, public libraries, be creative. Please make sure though, that if you want to leave some at any business you ask permission first. Download HadIt.com Cards Here

• HadIt.com Elder

Ms T 

I printed out about 30 cards and passed them out at my VAMC & The Grocery Store about the only places I attend.  and my Neighbor Which he is an old  Decorated War War II Vet Unfortunately  they hauled him away this morning via Ambulance  to the VAMC In Dallas  he had fluid on his lungs and heart problems..but so for they got him stablized  he is a tough old veteran at the age of 96

Were keeping an eye on him.

Buck52, I did go to my local VAMC and talked to the VA rep at the VBA to request a copy of my c&p exam from the QTC and she looked at me like I was speaking another language.  She then told me that I have to summit a FOIA form.  She did pull up my claim but would not tell me what the QTC doctor wrote.  It was a waste of my time.