VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What will probably happen if i request a copy of my C-file with an active claim pending?

Rate this question

saxman

Question

Hi all, I have an claim pending and stuck in gathering evidence for 4 months.  I would like to request my c-file but I'm wondering will the VA label it as a claim and lump it with the claim I have pending and consider it one claim therefore pushing the my current claim even further back?  One main reason I would like a copy is so I can prepare myself for a NOD if I need to for this current claim, and another is to see what the Dr wrote from my last c&p exam. Note, the exam was done by QTC, so I don't have the easy access to the exam.  I know he told me that my issues were service connected, so therefore I would really like to see exactly what her wrote.    Thanks in advance for any reply. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Saxman that Clerk or VR is full of it.....

At the VBA Office At the window you request your C&P QTC Exam and they have you sign the FOIA, your suppose to check at the window and write down what your there for and they take it and put it in a slot  for the Correct Vet Rep TO READ  and they come out and call you in from the waiting area  and take you back to his/her desk and have you sign the FOIA Form and  then make copies of the C&P Exam you requested...

you need to let someone know at your VAMC (Hosptial Director) or a Patient Advocate. That Medical Information you requested was denied at your VBA office by a clerk at the window you walked up to.

Thanks Tbird for the cards! I just printed some because I know vets that need this forum.  Iam help a long time friend who is retiring this summer.  He has no Idea how slow the VA is about completing claims, and whats all involved in the process.  

Thanks Buck52, I will go back and speak to someone else.  I thought she was full of it but had no way of knowing. Why do they treat vets so bad????

saxman, never ever accept any crap from anybody at the VAMC, RO...or anywhere else.

Nipping it in the bud right away will help ensure other veterans aren't given the run around.

I had a nasty experience with my American Legion rep back in January, and let his boss know right away that I'm a veteran, and not some damn kid!

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!

• HadIt.com Elder

Well Saxman

This is what I did, After my QTC PTSD C&P Exam

I ask the examiner  how I would get a copy of  her report, she said I Can send a fax to QTC after couple weeks and request the report, I did  but they had me contact the VA For the report.

so in all about 3 weeks from my C&P Date I went up to the VAMC at the VBA Office and went up to the window and ask the clerk/employee setting there  I need a copy of my Last C&P Exam  performed by the QTC outside the VA..She said ok   if you would just state on this paper what you need and your claim # and sign it  & she would let the VSR know... Then she puts in in a slot on the wall the VSR's Come in  there and check the slot and pulls the papers out and  then goes out front in the waiting area and calls that particular Veteran in and takes him back to his desk and ...then says I see you want a copy of your C&P Exam dated on *-**-**** ...yes sir...Then he gets a copy of it  and ask if you need anything else  do you have any claim questions or anything VA Related....if not then that's the extent of your VBA Visit.

YOUR ENTITLED TO AT LEAST ONE FREE COPY OF ANYTHING THE VA Has.

ALL C&P Exams done at the VA  Then you wait 3 or 4 days after the exam and go to ROMR Release of Medical Records or ROI desk or office at your VAMC and request medical records to include your C&P or just ask for that if thats all you want?...  you need the date it was performed.

• HadIt.com Elder

I had ghosted this site for years before I joined in 2008, but without this site I would have been without guidance. Most likely I would not have what I do now.