VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Poopsy Woopsy

Rate this question

Poopsy Woopsy

Question

My husband was 70% PTSD and had three claims pending; Unemployability, AO, A&A. but before they were awarded. the VA killed my husband.

I was awarded DIC, as it was an easy case having a letter from an outside cardiologist stating the reason he died was neglect on the VA's part. 

I checked the status of the pending claims. and the person said you just have to wait. I said, are they just waiting for me to die too! AND, his 

answer was, Yeah, kinda looks that way! He also mentioned there was no Unemployability on the claim. I have a copy of the paperwork

that the Va rep sent in. So I have proof it "WAS FILED" He was suppose to get back to me about it not being there, but I never heard.

I am now stuck on DIC because I am suffering from several maladies that all came to light right after my husband passed away.

I can't work because of them and am looking at surgeries.

I was asked to come see the VA rep at local congressman's office. He did some checking and told me you have no claims open.

HOW CAN THAT BE. No letter stating such. Nothing!. It was definitely news to me, after waiting all this time.

He said, I should have filed a TORTE claim after it was found that the VA was responsible for my husbands death.

How can you do something you are not aware of. and Damn sure the VA won't tell you about!!

I have passed the statute of limitations, as it will be 3 yrs. this coming May!! 

Am I dead in the water. and if so. How could that be possible as I was not informed or aware of any of it!!

My grief is  insurmountable and the physical has taken any quality of life I might of still had. but now I am stuck with not enough to live on. 

How is that even possible if they (The VA)  are in the wrong? What recourse do I have? Do not tell me "NONE" They made choices. and that

means I have choices!!  They don't know the "Wrath I can bring as a grieveing wife to get things "DONE"