VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My experience at the VA clinic today (Question)

Rate this question

Cobra4v

Question

Hello all, I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right section. But I wanted to discuss my experience today at my local clinic. First off, I am 100% T&P one of my conditions is right shoulder loss of ROM. I've been dealing with this since I was 19 YOA in the Marines. And have been treated by my VA since My EAS. Now I'm civilian working in law enforcement. While on the job I hurt my shoulder again. Which caused a flare up. I seemed care through my VA and reported it to my employer. My employer wanted a fit for duty form filled out by my P/C. 

So today as I checked in and met with the nurse to take my readings and speak about my reason for being their. She told me I should have reported it to workmans comp. She also told me that it's not fair I get treated from the VA as I'm taking money from veterans who need care. I felt very offended about this. I was trying to do the right thing by going to the VA and keeping on top of my condition. I didn't look at as taking money from other vets, I would never do that! It was already suspected I had a labrum tear even before I was LEO and I am waiting for an MRI which is next week. 

My question is, am I wrong to go to the VA? I was under the impression any condition which was originally cause by military service and has worsened over time due to every day activities or work is still a service connected issue? I just need to know the legality in this, I thought I did the right thing but now I'm not so sure.

• HadIt.com Elder

The accountability is coming. I am a VA employee and I see it in the pipeline. Now, the best way to interact with the VA employee is very carefully. Many civilians working at the VA don't like Vets. Do not believe in Veterans preference, do not even like the customer. You do not always know who is who. They can put you on a list. I do think that if a person gets enough complaints management will respond.

8 hours ago, MikeR said:

The accountability is coming. I am a VA employee 

No offense, but Bah Ha Ha Ha! Bah Ha Ha Ha! Bah Ha Ha Ha! Bah Ha Ha Ha! Bah Ha Ha Ha! Bah Ha Ha Ha! 

Who's the garbage in charge where you work? The greedy little non veterans who threw out claims to get ahead? Maybe there's one Veteran who showed s/he was willing to be brutal enough they made an exception.

Not trying to be a jerk, but that theres going to be any change is absurd-it's business as usual.

• HadIt.com Elder

Not all VA Employee's are bad there's still some good and helpful and caring VA Employee's out there, its the ones that aren't that gives the VA a Bad Name.

One rotten apple in the basket is all it takes and the other apples become....

Hopefully this New Administration will change this and will find/hire decent  VA Employee's  and have more respect for all veterans.

jmo

• HadIt.com Elder

I am a Contract's person and we do not see veterans. We do however have to deal with condescending people that never served their country that use our disabilities to their advantage. Had to put someone in their place yesterday.

Yes that attitude is rampant in the VA facilities also.. I wrote a letter on the inexcusable treatment and attitude we encountered at the VA here in Wa. It took us 121/2 hours in the VA emergency room to be admitted, and there was only one other person in the emergency room with a sprained ankle and in 121/2 hours there was only 2 besides my husband..They had an attitude about addressing my husbands pain, after laying there for an hour in pain. My letter got policy change.  I care about how the veterans were being treated at their own facility and wrote the letter on behalf of all veterans

On 4/5/2017 at 11:02 PM, Buck52 said:

Cobra4v  Your post is ok here its in the Ask General Questions Forum

I know you don't intend to take $ from veterans, We all know that here on Hadit, the  Dr,Nurse OR PA  PC or who ever mention this to you is just insecure of his/ her own self and don't know proper etiquette  and manners obviously.

so if you were treated and got a fair assessment of your medical problem...I'd just let it run off the old ducks back and move on....getting it on with the VA you hardly have a chance, you are 100%P&T so don't make matters any worse.

If your ok and got medical treatment  then if it was me I'd leave well enough alone.

but its your choice as what to do or report this or what ever you feel is right to do.  this is just my unbiased opinion.

Some times those VA Dr's and Nurse's PA /PC's  piss me off to no end &  I just bite my tongue and move on  although I want to just  haul off and Knock the piss out of e'm some times.

This kind of thing happens all to often  and apparently  it don't do any good to report it   the Patient Advocate will just say that's a no no to the Person that mention this to you  and that person will get out of it by lying or saying things like  OMG I was only kidding him....nothing usually is done to the VA Employee as for as being Accountable.

I respectfully disagree. If we don't say something then they will keep "kidding" the next Veteran. No Veteran deserves that sort of BS. What if her "kidding" triggers someone. Some people are too ill to get "kidding". If we don't say something then they think it's all fine and it isn't. It's a fubar system and they laugh about it. Hope you don't mind that you and I disagree!