VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD IU ADDENDUM?

Rate this question

BoatsDymond

Question

Hey everyone, this is my first post but since I've started my claim I have been reading a lot relating to my claim on here. In December of 2016 I received an overall rating of 80 percent. 70 PTSD, 20 Low Back Pain, 10 tinnitus, 10 TMJ and 10 Knee pain. Upon receiving it, it stated that IU was inferred so technically my claim is still open and shoes open on Ebennies. I completed the form for IU and uploaded it. They then requested documentation from an employer that I worked for 4 years ago. I received a call from them saying that form was all they needed to go to Ready for Decision. So I went and had it filled out in person and uploaded it. Almost immediately my date got pushed even further and it showed on ebennies that they wanted something from a VA medical facility. I called and they told me they requested another PTSD C&P exam. They outsourced it and I called the company (MSLA) to see if they received the request and they did but they said it is a request for an addendum with the same doctor who did my last one in October of 2016. My question is what exactly are they asking for from her and how long does this process typically take? Also what are my chances of receiving IU and when will they back pay me from? Thank you.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Not sure on that? good question. but the QTC releases the information back to the VA this is when BVA gets it.

but why not give it a try and get a copy?

usually I think the claim has to have a decision  rather or not you know what the decision is or not is irreverent.  

I seem to think/recall I had my decision before I got the  QTC C&P Exam copy. 

The VA has it to their advantage of course!

Edited by Buck52

Am I right in assuming that if I did not have a chance of being granted the IU, they would not have requested all of this info from previous employers and from the c&p doctor? It seems to me they would rather close the claim and deny me if it was not warranted considering that my Intent to File was May/2015 and claim was submitted 12/2015, that makes it an old claim, also it has a hardship on it.

• HadIt.com Elder

I had one exam that was outsourced also. That person had a real gotcha attitude, but was still better than dealing with the VA Psychologist. Many of the VA Psychologists are extremely off putting, and God forbid you are educated and articulate. PTSD can happen to anyone regardless of background.