VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ms Tbird put this up today PTSD study shows may cause other health problems in Adults

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder

So this will open up some secondary claims if veterans start to have these conditions or other Health Related Issues come up.

I hope all veterans  with PTSD will read this.

Well Buck,

That's all fine and dandy, I can get my sleep apnea and hypertension, and gastro all tied into that...if and only if they grant my mst/ptsd claim.

Thank you for posting that link. I looked at it.

I am at the verge of throwing it all in the trash.  Only bright spot, went to rehab dr for my back, at the VAMC. Told him about what that pa did and wrote at my exam back in december, how she wrote degrees measured with out even using the goniometer. And that her opinion is being given more weight than the full blown dr who did the exam that got me the 40% for my back a few years ago. HE got out his goniometer, measured and said ain't no way! These measurements are are worse than the exam in 15, not better. Said he is going to write up in his notes an overview of all that we've done and worked through since that 15 exam.

Andy

Andy, if your other conditions have already been MD/DO DX'd, A NEW PTSD SC Awards effective Date would have to substantially predate the conditions in questions actual dates of DX.

To the best of my recollection, I don't recall ever seeing a "Reversed Nexus" Award.

Semper Fi

Gastone...I figured that, but you didn't have to say it out loud! Lol. But let me ask you a question...I filed a claim for jaw pain, it came back from the VARO as denied...but...as a symptom of something else in MH arena. They said it could be granted as secondary to ....what ever, if and when "what ever" becomes SCD. So then, would that be one that would fly as secondary to the ptsd? Also if the sleep apnea was dx by private dr, would that still fly?

As always, I appreciate your thoughts and opinions.

Andy

Semper Fi

Andy, eyeball the DSM V and related MH Condition DBQ's.  I've really only concerned myself with the PTSD Ratings.

PTSD has recently, last year or so, become a popular (Not Guaranteed) Nexus Dejur for SA Secondary claims. To the best of my knowledge, it's currently not what you would call an "Automatic Award." An older male with a BMI of 30+%, 171/2 in neck, and wide tongue to name a few of the "Usual suspects," is going to have an uphill battle going after the Secondary SC Award.

I can't say I recall any Stats for successful Secondary to MH issues SA Awards.

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

Andyman

If you only check with one attorney  and if Ms Cantrell never return your email /call  I truly don't understand why she did'nt ?  unless she never got your email?

but there's 100's of other Attorneys...I'd check with at least 10  and see who answers you.

NOVA

National Organization of Veterans' Advocates (NOVA)