VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ms Tbird put this up today PTSD study shows may cause other health problems in Adults

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

13 hours ago, Gastone said:

Andy, eyeball the DSM V and related MH Condition DBQ's.  I've really only concerned myself with the PTSD Ratings.

PTSD has recently, last year or so, become a popular (Not Guaranteed) Nexus Dejur for SA Secondary claims. To the best of my knowledge, it's currently not what you would call an "Automatic Award." An older male with a BMI of 30+%, 171/2 in neck, and wide tongue to name a few of the "Usual suspects," is going to have an uphill battle going after the Secondary SC Award.

I can't say I recall any Stats for successful Secondary to MH issues SA Awards.

Semper Fi

Gastone,

I will do that. I know that I've got some serious memory issues, as tested by the neuro-psych team at my VAMC. And some other things...from what I recall the last time I checked the ratings, I'm a lock for 50%, and if they actually follow the letter of the law, a 70%. But I won't hope for anything. Then I won't be too disappointed if the VA does me like they have been. And if anything good comes, I'll be blown away.

Semper Fi

11 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Andyman

If you only check with one attorney  and if Ms Cantrell never return your email /call  I truly don't understand why she did'nt ?  unless she never got your email?

but there's 100's of other Attorneys...I'd check with at least 10  and see who answers you.

NOVA

National Organization of Veterans' Advocates (NOVA)

Buck,

I've checked with 6 different Law firms...and NOVA...they all want to help...after I get denied...even in the appeals stage.

As for Ms Cantrell....after a few tries...she must not be for me.  And I'm okay with that. It's just easier that way Buck. I have to stop caring about this. It only hurts when I care. And I am so very very tired of hurting. Seems every time I make any forward progress, something comes up that sets me back 3-4 steps.

• HadIt.com Elder

Andyman I certainly understand your frustration.

I thought you were in Appeals with your MST Claim and your other claims as well?

Before an attorney can help, you need to be in Appeals. (I thought you knew that?)

Ms Cantrell was on Hadit Radio show here a few months ago and she truly seem to be for the veteran.

so I don't know why you never heard a word from her or her firm she is also a MST Phyistrist.

To give you an Idea of how Ms Cantrell is  check out that hadit radio show here on hadit  its in hadit's Archives.  Hadits long time members  jbasser & jerrel cook Interview her.

I would recommend you email or P.M. Hadit Elder Member Asknod

He is CERTIFIED ACCREDITED VA Rep Now & he is great with Claims.

Although he is attending an Attorney's  Seminar Conferences in Texas this Month  but I'm sure he has his lap-top with him.

Right now  (if you have not done so yet?)  be a good time to request all your military records  service & medical records, DD 214, C-file   the whole 9 yards of any information you can muster up.

if your MST was never reported  don't worry about that  it don't need to be reported, just some type of information putting you there when it happen  , I believe within your company's unit  where, when, time  it occurred ect,,,ect,,,

http://www.benefits.va.gov/benefits/factsheets/serviceconnected/mst.pdf

What ever you do  don't give up, this is a long painful stressful process but if you just hang in there  eventually you will win this.

Edited by Buck52

Andy, hold off on the Attorney search till you get the Denial, just maybe you'll get the Award. Then there's your potential Retro Award to consider. For Fee, VA Attorneys may be somewhat reluctant to sign onto anything less than a potential $20K retro from the BVA.

Unless something has changed, VA Attorney's can't sign you up for Appeal representation until after you receive the Official VA Denial Letter.

Back in 14, I contacted (2) nationally advertised VA Law Firms, both had an initial screening process to determine that I was eligible for representation. At that time I was 4 yrs into a DRO Hearing request, both Firms requested that I sign immediately, so as to allow them to cancel my DRO request so they could go directly to the BVA. I declined and repped myself at the eventual 06/14 DRO "Informal Hearing." All 2010 issues Awarded, including a 09/12 IU denial.

Semper Fi

@Buck52, @Gastone

Thanks guys for both of your replies. I wish I had something useful to say. I wish I could show you inside my head. I wish I could show you my first sa at age 5. And how it took over 5 years for the physical pain to go away. Or how it triggered my mom into attempting to beat the flesh off my backside for 6 years, 3-4 times a week. Or the point of a switchblade in my throat at age 7. Or the final beating with a 36inch long switch that my brother and I had to cut off the tree in our backyard. Or any of the physical assaults in my teens, or sexual assaults. Or any of the 4 while in the Marines...or the 20 years of domestic violence at the hands of my wife.  I wish I could show you what it's like to get caught attempting suicide at work, while in the Marines, to have that completely ignored and brushed off. Or what it was like to be groomed and sexually assaulted by a male predator...while in the Marines. Knowing that reporting it would get me labeled as gay and screwed by the machine. Or the drunken female sailor in Spain. Who tackled me and sexually assaulted me. Knowing full well that the sober male Marine would have been seen as the perpetrator and not the drunken female sailor. I wish I wish I wish....And I can only talk about the things that happened during my 6 year enlistment....otherwise I'd be out on my bum with no hope of ptsd due to mst claim at all.

I wish....

Okay, got my heart stashed back in the dungeon, and my brain back out of the box.

I requested my c-file 05/16...so...still waiting. I sent a few IRIS inquiry's and complaints about not getting it. 

I guess it's my fault, I just assumed the lawyers would be interested before being denied. Or in appeals...my fault.

I will give Ms. Cantrell another chance.

Thanks again.