VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Questions with a claim or appeal

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

Ok so I can't respond to all posts with the same answers and to prevent Me from.missing your post. If your claim is stuck or appeal is stick more then 60 days don't feel like it's the norms. Please listen to that 60 days start asking what will get my claim moving actually call as much as you they can see the trend on their system  (202) 530-9470 to get your shit rolling pardon my french. Sometimes things take time but waiting for two months like my last claim Is BS  , it says pending a download for two months just to say never mind its not even needed pissed me off. But had I not called every week for two months they wouldn't have sent in an inquiry to see why something was pending. I called the above number sometimes you wait for 17 minutes it disconnects call again and again someone will pick up. Please Vets don't allow your claim to sit I understand the process takes time things take time to due process but to have a wait time on something past it's suspense is not happening to any vets I'll help without an inquiry being submitted by the staffers at the number I provided. If you called daily as I did and if you ask they will give you a date and it's different at times then the one you see on ebenefits. If you get a warning saying something is due on ebenefits call them and they will tell you why it's there and explain it's a VA reminder to start moving your claim. but let them tell you whats moving to prepare for the next step. This number has shaved years off my claims and appeals.

It sounds good.  I do know the VA does this.  They "work" your claim until it gets to a "glitch".  Then it goes to a pile of unworked claims.  An easy way to do this for VA is just to shred a few pages, and poof...you have missing evidence.  Its like the cop who pulls you over..then when you ask why he pulled you over he walks to the back of your car and knocks out a tail light with his baton.  

Bronc, do you really think there was ever a widespread Rater Shredding problem? I doubt it, probably more like isolated cases. Some Rater that couldn't handle the workload.

I think all Claims and Appeals have now been digitized, Rater's are no longer dealing with paper files.

Jefrie, if you've been able to get any "Bankable" info from VA Telephone contacts, consider yourself blessed. I can't say that I got any type of "Bankable" info from any Telephone VA Contact that I initiated over the past 9 years.

How about posting a redacted Claims/Appeals timeline?

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

Only thing about missing evidence  is the veteran should have copies  and if they never used it as your evidence and shredded it  then the veteran as new and material evidence he can use   even if he has to NOD. it '' so -to speak'' or re-submit the claim.

Gastone is correct as for as being ''Bankable'' , I too  never had any luck calling  nor can we use a phone call as evidence   b/c VA will not use it as evidence or they can simply say they never said it.

Edited by Buck52

2 hours ago, Gastone said:

Bronc, do you really think there was ever a widespread Rater Shredding problem? I doubt it, probably more like isolated cases. Some Rater that couldn't handle the workload.

I think all Claims and Appeals have now been digitized, Rater's are no longer dealing with paper files.

Jefrie, if you've been able to get any "Bankable" info from VA Telephone contacts, consider yourself blessed. I can't say that I got any type of "Bankable" info from any Telephone VA Contact that I initiated over the past 9 years.

How about posting a redacted Claims/Appeals timeline?

Semper Fi

I am telling you Gastone call that number They can answer any questions. For example my first appeal Dec 2015 was certified by the DRO that month and sent to the board. Calling that number and emailing a few such as the secretary My claim was flagged for hardship. My attorney waved the hearing by May 6 I had won my appea retro in the bank 3 weeks later 96k. My second appeal now has just been certified and again is moving and yes everything is digitized papers been burned so to speak... using that number I was able to get three inquiries on that appeal it never stopped moving had I not called so often even with the hardship it would have been longer that and withdrawlimg my hearing request...

Edited by jfrei

You calling the Magic VA # did what your VA Attorney couldn't do, very interesting. when you get the time, how about posting your redacted claims/Appeals time-line.

Semper Fi