VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Questions with a claim or appeal

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

Ok so I can't respond to all posts with the same answers and to prevent Me from.missing your post. If your claim is stuck or appeal is stick more then 60 days don't feel like it's the norms. Please listen to that 60 days start asking what will get my claim moving actually call as much as you they can see the trend on their system  (202) 530-9470 to get your shit rolling pardon my french. Sometimes things take time but waiting for two months like my last claim Is BS  , it says pending a download for two months just to say never mind its not even needed pissed me off. But had I not called every week for two months they wouldn't have sent in an inquiry to see why something was pending. I called the above number sometimes you wait for 17 minutes it disconnects call again and again someone will pick up. Please Vets don't allow your claim to sit I understand the process takes time things take time to due process but to have a wait time on something past it's suspense is not happening to any vets I'll help without an inquiry being submitted by the staffers at the number I provided. If you called daily as I did and if you ask they will give you a date and it's different at times then the one you see on ebenefits. If you get a warning saying something is due on ebenefits call them and they will tell you why it's there and explain it's a VA reminder to start moving your claim. but let them tell you whats moving to prepare for the next step. This number has shaved years off my claims and appeals.

So initially denied in 2011 by the Tiger Team and I decided to give up. Until GM called me and said my car was at fault, and I suffered Post traumatic amnesia of months prior and after the accident so I had no memory of what happened. I didn't file a DRO hearing until I hired an attorney that is when my emails and calls began beginning of 2015. I had my DRO expedited from ms hickey when I presented here with the forensic report. It was scheduled the next month. The DRO then said I had a good case but she was allowed to grant it but she did however laid all my evidence out in the order I needed it for my appeal she also certified my appeal here set and then sent it to the BVA. This when I found out Ma hickey stepped down and Mr Ebert still helped me at the BVA 5 months after my DRO hearing I had a decision from the BVA. Of course in those 5 months I called daily to hear progress from the number i gave. The office is very small to the point I knew 4 of their names when they answered the phone. As far as DRO officer it wasn't all her fault because she was doing what OGC said to do even when they knew I had no SOC from 2011. Worked in my favor again it was the reason my CUE was allowed even though in the judgement she said it was not a cue because I was never given a SOC. The xxxx it's not it's called they xxxxxx up got caught the definition of CUE but at least it was a win finally.

IMG_3526.PNG

IMG_3527.PNG

Edited by jfrei

He absolutely does work there his role has changed since ms Hickey which is why he said if I have any claims related question call that number they will help... Which is why I am passing it on to all you. He still will answer your email might take ten days but he does answer all. Search Ted Ebert email on here and a past post of mine will pop up.. 

3 hours ago, ShuMan said:

Do you know if Ted Ebert still works for the VA? 

By the way your posts have always been very informative! Thank you

Your welcome the VA drives my wife nuts because it drives me crazy I'm just trying to shed my crazy obsessed nature of information I've found for all my hadit.com. My neurologist laughed at me when his associate that works there at the VA was having issues with a 700 day old appeal. I got an inquiry submitted in for him by calling that number I provided him, attorneys don't need your appeals moving faster that's less money for them, you need it moving quicker. My attorney gets frustrated with me he has said well he sees no more benefit representing me since I'm at 100% but he started my second appeal which he said he will still do. 

4 hours ago, jfrei said:

He absolutely does work there his role has changed since ms Hickey which is why he said if I have any claims related question call that number they will help... Which is why I am passing it on to all you. He still will answer your email might take ten days but he does answer all. Search Ted Ebert email on here and a past post of mine will pop up.. 

Thanks! I called that number and there awesome. I think I'll email ted today to see if he can help with my 13 month old DRO appeal.

• HadIt.com Elder

I wish I had an Attorney much earlier in the process. By the time my PTSD claim was finally over it was about 6500 days old. Not a typing error either. Emailing the VA Sec at that time would not have helped. A congressional did help get me denied faster at the BVA, and led to my trip to the CAVC. LOL:ohmy: