VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Questions with a claim or appeal

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

Ok so I can't respond to all posts with the same answers and to prevent Me from.missing your post. If your claim is stuck or appeal is stick more then 60 days don't feel like it's the norms. Please listen to that 60 days start asking what will get my claim moving actually call as much as you they can see the trend on their system  (202) 530-9470 to get your shit rolling pardon my french. Sometimes things take time but waiting for two months like my last claim Is BS  , it says pending a download for two months just to say never mind its not even needed pissed me off. But had I not called every week for two months they wouldn't have sent in an inquiry to see why something was pending. I called the above number sometimes you wait for 17 minutes it disconnects call again and again someone will pick up. Please Vets don't allow your claim to sit I understand the process takes time things take time to due process but to have a wait time on something past it's suspense is not happening to any vets I'll help without an inquiry being submitted by the staffers at the number I provided. If you called daily as I did and if you ask they will give you a date and it's different at times then the one you see on ebenefits. If you get a warning saying something is due on ebenefits call them and they will tell you why it's there and explain it's a VA reminder to start moving your claim. but let them tell you whats moving to prepare for the next step. This number has shaved years off my claims and appeals.

On 4/13/2017 at 9:46 PM, ShuMan said:

Thank you so much for that email! I got a call from the Indianapolis RO saying they are going to set me up with a C&P for my knee claim. Ted got the ball rolling! I'm going to hold off a couple months on using the secretary's email. Once this claim gets done I'll email him about the NOD. The RO lady said they are working NODs from 2014 and mine was 2016. 

Thanks again! 

Now  if everyone on here took my advice  they'd shave years off their claim..

Edited by jfrei

On 4/9/2017 at 9:40 AM, Gastone said:

Bronc, do you really think there was ever a widespread Rater Shredding problem? I doubt it, probably more like isolated cases. Some Rater that couldn't handle the workload.

I think all Claims and Appeals have now been digitized, Rater's are no longer dealing with paper files.

Not to dip, or be purposely contrary, there was, absolutely a massive "Claimgate" at the VA. Employees threw out claims on a large scale..

Here's one story, but to be clear, claimgate was different, purposely discarding claims directly in the trash

New VA scandal: CBS News finds thousands of vets' benefit claims discarded

As a result, you can't discard ANY paper in trash- It must go through one, authorized person. and yes, I know what you're thinking right now.

A processor CAN get rid of a e-document. I don't know of anyone who actually does this, just to be clear.

Ponder just what type of person would throw out a persons claim, and where they might be today in the VA ...

Edited by MikeHunt
replace 'en masse' with 'large scale'

Yes, shreddergate is for real.  It was not just at "one" Regional Office, but the VAOIG found Vets evidence awaiting to be shredded.  If you saw my claims file, you would see why I say so.  Like yourself, I did not believe, at first, that VA would do such a thing...I have submitted, resubmitted and resubmitted my dependent claim forms 4 times, and they always ask again.  This time, I got a proposal to reduce..for dependents..

I looked and the RBA (Record Before Agency) shows that I submitted dependent information in 2002, 2006, and 2012.  Its gone again.  They were date stamped.  It was shredded AGain.  

On 4/15/2017 at 1:36 PM, MikeHunt said:

Not to dip, or be purposely contrary, there was, absolutely a massive "Claimgate" at the VA. Employees threw out claims on a large scale..

Here's one story, but to be clear, claimgate was different, purposely discarding claims directly in the trash

New VA scandal: CBS News finds thousands of vets' benefit claims discarded

As a result, you can't discard ANY paper in trash- It must go through one, authorized person. and yes, I know what you're thinking right now.

A processor CAN get rid of a e-document. I don't know of anyone who actually does this, just to be clear.

Ponder just what type of person would throw out a persons claim, and where they might be today in the VA ...

The type of person whose mom should have swallowed him...