VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Decision made but back to gathering of evidence?

Rate this question

USMC03Grunt

Question

Hey all,

So my claim looks like it made a decision this past week. 

Ebenefits updated my disabilities showing my claimed disabilities but my claim has moved from preparation for notification back to gathering of evidence, but it also says decision letter sent. Is this just a glitch? I'm assuming they will close out my claim in the following weeks?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 hours ago, USMC03Grunt said:

Hey all,

So my claim looks like it made a decision this past week. 

Ebenefits updated my disabilities showing my claimed disabilities but my claim has moved from preparation for notification back to gathering of evidence, but it also says decision letter sent. Is this just a glitch? I'm assuming they will close out my claim in the following weeks?

It's not it could mean a couple of things but one is that all your issue or issues where not all granted but rather remanded for an exam or what not. Check your disabilities list to see what's still pending or what they are all rated...

All my claims were either approved, deferred or denied. 

Then it it list all my claims as work in process still. (Gathering of evidence)

My claim has been all over the place in the past few weeks. 

My claim also involved a higher/different rating for a previous approved claim. 

It's just processing your award are you awarded some back pay sometimes a trick I learned is when your under manage compensation section and you click on disabilities it will show you what current and what's pending. Go to your historical claims button click see if your claim is on there another shot is go in to file a new claim keep clicking to where it tells your current disabilities that should be your new current list. Last shot is click on the letter generator button to generate your current amount to see what your new payment is sometimes it is sometimes it's not just a suggestion to try ....

Edited by jfrei

Mine is all messed up again too. This is the second year and Im now pushed to 03/2018 as an estimated decision time. I was at Preparation for notification and now Im back on Gathering evidence . To compound things I received a call from dependent verification and who left a message to a dead phone line that took 3 weeks to resolve.  They finally said "oh yea we already have your stepdaughters social security number don't know why they even contacted you "  

This is crazy

Look for the notification in the mail, because that is the official  document you need.  Ebenefit  is not reliable.