VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Do VA accredited attorneys have access to the Virtual VA system?

Rate this question

63Charlie

Question

I'm aware that veterans service orgs. can access this system, but not sure about a private VA accredited attorney.

Thanks.

I'm going to ask my attorney to provide me with a copy of my QTC C&P ankle exam from July  2016.

Virtual VA info states QTC C&P exams ARE accessible by the system.

The VARO is stalling on releasing that exam to me.

FOIA I submitted has been useless.

Attorney told me today that she isn't able to access Virtual VA system.

Will I be able to ask the VA if my attorney has access to Virtual VA?

Damn...I hate to be lied to.

Not all VA attys. opt in to this system. I was going to until I saw the mountain of paperwork and the annual recertification. It requires a separate computer at home that isn't used like we do normally. You have to attend a "security school" at the VARO to do this. You have to go through annual recertification as well. It is time consuming and a lot of work to keep up to be legal. Smaller attorneys/agents opt out of it like me. If I want it, I send in a 3288 to the RMC via Janesville. I get them in about six weeks. To be anally correct, there are two different systems- VBMS and Virtual VA. All you get is access to read-only VBMS of your c-file in real time.

And for the record, the only representative that will lie to you is a VSO representative. We, as private attys/agents are officers of the court and required to serve only the Vet. We cannot accept any offer or settlement from a DRO without running it by the Vet. Period. Look at 38 CFR 14.628-.634. VA will tell you there is no such thing as off-the-record bartering. I've done it several times. Appeal for 10 things and then accept a deal for 4 and give up on the tinnitus, hemmorrhoids and flat feet in a trade for TDIU to 2008. VA raters get points for wrapping this crap up that drags on for a long time-especially appeals. VSOs settle for 0%.

With greedy attorneys or agents like me,  they assign a Asst. VSCM or asst. RO director to you who mainlines your requests. I filed POA March 20th for a Vietnam Vet for 100% rating for his heart on IHD. I got a call from the Vet Eval folks this AM at 9. They are expediting his C&P exam to next week. The squeaky wheel gets the fix pronto. The more obnoxious I get, the more they treat me nicely. 

Off to Texas for NOVA conference. 

I can only believe it to be true that they make deals.   Its all a game.  Social Security Disability is the same way.  Got my wife approved for SSDI in the second month of the state of WI 18 month wait for a judge by extending the time for her to go on Medicare by a year and 4 months.  A deal was made by someone and we took it as I had family insurance anyway.  The benefit for us was the monthy payment which we got 16 months early, and there was a chance of not winning with the judge.

If you think the deals the VA makes are crazy, I have a relative that is a revenue agent.

Like I said, its a game,

Hamslice