VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Approved at 70%

Rate this topic

Doc_Sinned

Yeah, mine was definitely fast compared to others. Even before filing for financial hardship I had a fast nod turnaround, right up until it got to the Awaiting Place on Docket I was moving faster than others somehow. Then I resumed normal time frames, but after awhile things took a turn for the worse for me and I fell into extreme financial hardship. I had to keep pressing on my end to keep it moving after the vlj finished with it. Them messing up my appeal (retured to bva from RO on accident) turned out to be the best thing that could of happened for me. Through that happening I gained direct access to the one in charge of my appeal at the RO. The gentleman turned out to be an angel in disguise, at least I think so. He pushed for my contentions being rated as soon as possible. I was awaiting the final signature to approve my contentions when my vehicle was about to be repossessed. So I contacted the appeals office and the guy emailed the supervisors assistant to see if they could approve my appeal. Within 30 min I was awarded my 70% and yesterday I got my retro. Even my attorney said it was rare for a VSO, let alone the veteran, to have access to the help I was getting at the RO. The guy is still helping me out. He said once he reviewed my stressors for ptsd he'd call me to let me know and that he would file for the C&P as soon as the stressors were confirmed. He told me that the remands at the Muskogee Regional Office usually only take 6-9 months to be completed. He said he'll call me on the first to give me an update.

The retro has been life changing already. I was able to pay off my auto loan as well as repay all of my debts. I have paid everything off. Now I start the process of rebuilding my credit and hopefully in a year from now I'll be ready to buy my first home and finally start moving forward with my life. Good luck to you during your appeals process, I hope it goes fast for you.

Edited by Doc_Sinned

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats!!!!!  I can understand the stress in waiting. I am going thru that right now, glad to see that you found someone who helped you :)

• HadIt.com Elder

Did Navy Federal let you keep the car?

Just wondering my I have a Navy Federal Loan too!

Congratulations on your Retro & 70% win  hope it was in time to save the day.

Thanks. Yeah, Navy Fed is actually pretty great, especially compared to Bank of America. After being 60 days overdue on an auto loan, repo process will start. I called them up on day 61 and told them what was happening and that I should have my money by the end of that week. So we made a verbal agreement that I would pay it by that Friday.  So yes, I kept the car and paid it off completely. Downside is, that my checking account and open credit line were frozen due to lateness, and when that happens if closes the account from being used again. So when I paid my line of credit off, it closed the account, which messed up my average age for my credit.

I got a copy of my credit report from the three agencies and contact sky blue (credit repair), so hopefully Ill be able to fix things soon.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use