VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Representive

Rate this question

treysnonna

Question

My husbands claim has been with rep for over a year now.  I called once and ask to speak to the person that was handling it..  go a name and talk to him.  Then we called again to talk  ask for and was y,told he was no longer there're.  We out like to talk to the Pierson hadling it now .   Was told it had never beem assigned.  I'm going in for knee surgery tomorrow.  When I get back home we are to call them again.  The we are going to call that magic number, and see what we can find out.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You need to get them "off their duff".  My claim was "with VSO" for 18 months, and I called them and asked them, "Why?".

He responded that it was "not a problem for me", since the claim was already docketed, and it did not matter if it was waiting at the board or with the VSO.  

There was a fishy smell coming through the phone, so I called BVA and asked them what the docket number was.  "Oh, your claim is not docketed, we are waiting on your VSO to file a brief in your behalf".  

So, everything my VSO told me was a lie.  VSO's contribute to the backlog.  If you check the "chairmans Report" you will see there is a time allocated, "with VSO".  In other words, VSO's contribute to the backlog.  

*This includes the Board’s cycle time of 160 days. Cycle time measures the time from when an appeal is actually received at the Board until a decision is reached, excluding the time the case is with a VSO representative for preparation of written argument.

Source:  BVA Chairmans report, 2015

Yeah, you are SO right Broncovet, the Vet reps and VSOs contribute to the backlog by making BVA wait for the 646-----I asked the Secretary ,(in a letter as to some ideas how the backlog could be reduced), to allow VSOs, or reps right from the git go ,when they first take POA, to decide whether or not they will provide a 646. A documented No answer right away would cut the 646 wait time crap.

I have seen very few 646s mentioned in BVA decisions that actually advanced the veteran's claim.A 646 could be prepared by someone with the same org who knows very little about the claim and therefore could not make any worthwhile statement to support it anyhow. And they sure arent going to take the time to pour over the files to see if the RO made any CUEs, like ignoring very probative evidence.

• HadIt.com Elder

I hate it for Veterans that get a VSO like that,,,either their just plan lazy or forget  or just want to ride out the time to make more $$$  VA should get rid of those type VSO's

Most veterans need their claims approve ASAP...Not wait for unnecessary VSO's to ride the claim for their benefit and not the Vet.  eh!

with that said

But there  still some great VSO's out there.

Edited by Buck52

Some people like using and really believe in using VSO representation and that's ok because there is some that make it their passion to helping veterans. I personally believe that the all mighty dollar will get the results I want to see. 

There will be many people that will try to discourage using an attorney because of the money you will lose in fees. Though the back pay would be better I believe we as veterans have better chances of getting things done when there is a motive for our representatives ?.

These are my beliefs and as we all know is no matter what - VA will not move quick enough for most veterans no matter who represents them.