VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

total and permenent

Rate this topic

scotish1

I have received TDIU for over twenty years for Brain syndrome what they now  call  TBI . For first ten years all award letters included P/T checked off in letters. Then started noticing P/T was not checked , went to DAV to get  it checked out they said it was a computer glitch with some TDIU folks said they would get that fixed for me.  Went to DAV today  five years later, still not fixed , was informed I would need a physician's letter to verify I am in fact P/T. Told him the Va docs I have seen over the years are retired.  They would be the only ones to verify my Brain syndrome(TBI) for all this time .  Any suggestions from some of the members how to proceed? Went back with DAV to original award letter ending, " with no future exams"  they had many  years of award letters with P/T checked in their system ! I also Have a commissary card for 15 years!!!! They said it did not matter, need letter from doctor???  I know you guys no more then me!

Edited by scotish1
put in commisary card for 15 years wich is relavent

If the DAV said that about needing a doctor's letter, I dont know why they would say that.

I don't think you need to worry- what was the date on your last letter from VA that eliminated the P & T status? It might just take a letter from you to your VARO to have it corrected...maybe that is not a good idea either...others will chime in...

but "no future exams"  means just that- P & T -and it isn't likely VA could possibly cure a TBI  or any type of brain trauma.

A P & T vet friend of mine actually got a C & P exam set up, some years after the award letter ,for an 1151 award I helped him get.

He was furious! I helped his wife write a letter to them advising them of what his 100% 1151 P & T award was for and she enclosed a copy of it. (they almost killed him)

They (VA) wrote back that he did not have any C & P exams scheduled and he should disregard their C & P letter.

1 hour ago, scotish1 said:

I have received TDIU for over twenty years for Brain syndrome what they now  call  TBI . For first ten years all award letters included P/T checked off in letters. Then started noticing P/T was not checked , went to DAV to get  it checked out they said it was a computer glitch with some TDIU folks said they would get that fixed for me.  Went to DAV today  five years later, still not fixed , was informed I would need a physician's letter to verify I am in fact P/T. Told him the Va docs I have seen over the years are retired.  They would be the only ones to verify my Brain syndrome(TBI) for all this time .  Any suggestions from some of the members how to proceed? Went back with DAV to original award letter ending, " with no future exams"  they had many  years of award letters with P/T checked in their system ! I also Have a commissary card for 15 years!!!! They said it did not matter, need letter from doctor???  I know you guys no more then me!

If you've got the original letter stating TDIU P&T and it's been 20 years.  Why worry?

20 minutes ago, scotish1 said:

because the VA and  the DAV are now saying I  was never awarded P/T !! so I am not entitled to P/T benefits!! 

So that being said, you never received a decision stating TDIU P&T?  If it's not in black and white from twenty plus years ago.  You maybe in an uphill battle.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have  recieved TDIU Over 20 years...you should be safe they can't take it away from you, it still pays the same as P&T only some more benefits like chapter 35 for spouse/educational benefits  ect,,ect,, for children under 23 and  some other benefits  but the pay is the same.

if you have the award letter and it says you are TDIU with P&T And no future exams scheduled  and your  s.c. disability is of nature or static and will not improve during your life time...then you don't need a letter from a Dr. .... show them that letter that says your P&T.... The DAV is feeding you B.S.

if you have e benefits check your disability's status...for the P&T  if you was not Awared P&T when you was Awarded the IU  and  you kept the IU for 20 years  that is a mile stone for most veterans.

Edited by Buck52

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use