VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ok another P and T snag

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

Call the number I preach about and she spoke with my RO. Apparently you can't file Permanent and Total on the 526EZ on ebenefits even if you submit a statement with it. It has to be done on the paper version not to sure why but she said she got my RO to send me the paper to fill out and to send in. She asked that I faxed her a copy of it so as to no mistake of where it is and that it's the proper one. How is it that everyone at the VA is not like this office? She explained she talked to my RO and he said that since I was just denied that it would probably be denied as well. Until I read him he decision it was denied because I submitted it on the wrong for verbatim. Four months to reach that decision...

Thats a new one on me.  Its part of VA's Inconsistency...you can file online..unless its P and T?  Im not sure there is a regulation that supports that, but you have no choice but to use the form they require.  

Exactly first she kept telling I did it the right way but when she asked the guy working my case he said PT has to be submitted on the form not using ebenefits. I was angry but can't agrue just  relay the message I'm going to see what's different he mailed a letter explaining what I'm doing wrong that I will share.

• HadIt.com Elder

This is  the main purpose of e benefits   to file claims  or file for increase.

filing for P&T would be filing for increase.

it should make no difference how you file it  paper on a 21 526ez or e benefits..e benefits is suppose to be the new way to file and use the proper forms the VA Provides to upload.

you should ask your VSO  or who ever mention that to you  where did he/she get their information?

2 hours ago, commodog said:

That is false.
I just got approved for P&T IU and I *ONLY* filed via Ebenefits.

You were just blatantly lied to.

I was just told this morning to submit in the 526 through ebenefits meaning upload the written through ebenefits. And that is why it was denied as it said on my January claim. Not proper form. And this was from the case worker working my FDC claim not a VSO the one working on my claim.

Edited by jfrei

So, you weren't denied because you aren't entitled to it, they actually sent you a letter saying reason for denial for PT is that you didn't file proper form?  Oh, hell no.............I would be contacting every tom, dick, harry, jane, mary and joan..........you can imagine on this one.  Still filing there "form" but also documenting that you filed originally online as proof, the proof as to why that is their actual reason for denying and not that you don't actually meet the criteria?  So, I am assuming they didn't even bother to see if you meet the criteria or you do and they are just denying you to be jackasses?  Doesn't that go against the entire VA's duty to assist?  The VA has lost their mind, seriously.