VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

First C&P Soo anxious and paranoid.

Rate this question

navyman12

Question

I didn't go through what most of you real military went through. But, I am going through alot physically now at the age of 32. I been out of the military since Aug of 2014. I only did about 3 years before getting medically separated. I just filed my first claim increase for both knees, major depression, both wrist, headaches, lower back, and left foot for several conditions. Im sooo nervous. Im soooo paranoid. I keep thinking that everything and anything will be used against me. There are days where I can't leave bed...I feel like that will be used against me. "Ohhhh...so you just want to get a check? We're taking away your benifts." There are days where I refuse to let my depression and accompanying ailments beat me and I try to work somehow to ease the financial burden on my wife. "Oh....you're working...let me take away your benifits. Im not looking for a free ride. Im just trying to be wise. I hear the stories from many veterans about how bad their condition gets in 10 years. Then they are left high and dry and can't work, and can't improve themselves, and people end up leaving their life cause of the burden. I have a Va rep filing for an increase in my conditions. My C&P is not dated yet...but Im sooo anxious and paranoid thinking that everything will be used against me to take the little I do make a month to contribute towards my wife paying bills. Please share some, or direct me to some experiences of people filing their first claim increase stories...and leading to c&p . Please help me understand this process better. My va rep says I have a shot at 100 percent. Im so worried. I have red and met people who have been screwed. I can't take yet another thing going bad. I think i'll kill myself if it does.

1 answer to this question

I'm sure this is a very anxious period for you, however it sounds like you may need additional help based on your last statement... And i did read that you have depression. I'll pray for you, for internal peace and guidance, regardless of the outcome. I'm going through my initial claim as well and have read some horror stories as well.

Be well...