VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Most of you know about this!

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Another great reason to get a copy of your c-file NOW.  And, get all your paper records in a safe place.

Pretty easy to delete records from an electric file, both, inedvertently or on purpose.

At some time in the future, they (the VA) may determine that a certain page or form is no longer required and do a global erase job in/on Veterans records.  To save space (money) in the cloud (LOL, I can talk like I know something), and with a key stroke, your, important to you, record is now gone.

Just think, one key stroke can do more damage now than burning down a building.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Personnel_Records_Center_fire

Trust me, I'm from the government and I'm here to help,

Hamslice

There should be a paper copy of everything somewhere.  Just sayin!

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree Ham

I notice when I recieved my digitized C-FILE  on CD format  I had some stuff missing  and to my negligence   I never made copies back when I first started my claim's  so now if anything comes up  its my word against theirs and with the VA if a veteran don't have documentation  he is up  creek without a paddle 

• HadIt.com Elder

I got out in 1972  and the fire was in 1973...makes me wonder if some of my records were destroyed  because some of my in-service records  I absolutely can't get. 

Even though I specifically mention my unit, battalion , rank and location and estimated dates  and still no records.

Actually the only records I have is from my two tours  from Nam  and they have the dates all screwed up on those.  Its like they say take it or leave it..if you don't have documentation  then sorry your screwed.

I agree with the above.  My cfile has been "digitized".   Before it was "scanned", I had dependents info submitted in 2002, 2006 (when VA requested it again), again in 2012 (when VA could not find it again, after an appeal on the effective date of dependents as VA said I did not file it timely), and, in 2017 I received a proposal to reduce for dependendts.   I know this sounds like an exaggeration.  It isnt.   

I have a copy of my RBA from 2012, where my lawyer scanned it.  All my dependent info was scanned and date stamped by the RO.  It does not matter.  I still have the burden of resubmitting the evidence and "try" to quash the proposal to reduce my dependents.

• HadIt.com Elder

broncovet

if your dependent status has not changed since  2002/2006 you can send in SSA Records as your proof that your dependent status as not changed..

.only if a veteran divorces/ remarry s has children or lose a child in death will the dependent status change   (you know that)  the VA can't dictate your dependent status change  only the Veteran can do that.

They request at random ''some time'if your status has changed please inform us of any changes  if you fail to report any dependent status changes  you will be sent a proposal to reduce your benefits and possibly to 0%

I got a letter just out of the blue to report any dependent status changes  and they therten the proposal to reduce ...so i sent them my dependent status  that it has not change  ..I said I can't run my spouse off and she can't run me off so were just stuck together like two peas in a pod.

jmo