VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another PTSD exam? Already 70% SC'd! What!?

Rate this question

SecurityForces03

Question

Hi All,

Filed a claim in 2016 for a few increases and a secondary claim for Agoraphobia.

I am already rated 70% for PTSD that includes panic attacks, anxiety, and depression. 

My claim went to gathering of evidence from Prep for decision. I had 2 other exams for this claim, one for my testicles and the other for hearing. It appears they forgot the 3rd C&P exam for agoraphobia?

After speaking with the VA, they told me I have another exam regarding PTSD. Does anyone think because I asked for agoraphobia as a secondary condition to PTSD is why they're requesting another C&P? I was SC'd in 2010 for PTSD.

Thanks!!

The VA will often consider agoraphobia as part of a PTSD rating.

However a veterans with PTSD and agoraphobia can be eligible for SMC "S" under the Housebound rules.

https://www.va.gov/vetapp17/files1/1704948.txt

This is a long decision but shows that the SMC Housebound was predicated on when he got 100% SC award.

Due you have a TDIU claim in process?

It is possible they would grant you 100% SC for the PTSD..and then they would have to consider you for the SMC Housebound benefit.

If they dont consider you, that can be fixed under CUE.

Also if they award TDIU that is based solely on the PTSD ,that too could warrant the SMC Housebound award.

Edited by Berta

2 hours ago, Berta said:

The VA will often consider agoraphobia as part of a PTSD rating.

However a veterans with PTSD and agoraphobia can be eligible for SMC "S" under the Housebound rules.

https://www.va.gov/vetapp17/files1/1704948.txt

This is a long decision but shows that the SMC Housebound was predicated on when he got 100% SC award.

Due you have a TDIU claim in process?

It is possible they would grant you 100% SC for the PTSD..and then they would have to consider you for the SMC Housebound benefit.

If they dont consider you, that can be fixed under CUE.

Also if they award TDIU that is based solely on the PTSD ,that too could warrant the SMC Housebound award.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick and insightful response.

I am working, albeit a part time job, I have not filed for TDIU as I want to continue to work. Makes me feel more human, for what it's worth.

Im currently at 70% PTSD, but im overall at 90% SC'd. I filed for the agoraphobia secondary to PTSD. I'm curious what this C&P exam will entail if im already rated?

Also, what does the SMC-S do for the veteran?  What is CUE?

As always, thanks Berta!!!

Edited by SecurityForces03

• HadIt.com Elder

just my opinion

I don't think its fair the VA gives IU Rating and then takes it away  and gives a foot problem and S.C. it and then later takes it away without the veteran showing improvement  and the Veteran appeals it all and the VA Remands  the claims and over a period of years , the vet appeals & the VA Agrees that the veteran disability's is warranted  and grants the IU with SMC.

Which they should have did in the first place. as in this BVA Case.

thats seems so unfair to the veteran.

jmo

1 hour ago, Buck52 said:

just my opinion

I don't think its fair the VA gives IU Rating and then takes it away  and gives a foot problem and S.C. it and then later takes it away without the veteran showing improvement  and the Veteran appeals it all and the VA Remands  the claims and over a period of years , the vet appeals & the VA Agrees that the veteran disability's is warranted  and grants the IU with SMC.

Which they should have did in the first place. as in this BVA Case.

thats seems so unfair to the veteran.

jmo

Do you have any insight with the info I provided above? I'm interested about this SMC-S. I have no clue what it entails or if this is possible.

• HadIt.com Elder

SecurityForces03

You need to be 100% or TDIU P&T  And then for SMC Qualifications Criteria you need to have another S.C. Disability separate  from the original disability and rated at least 60%  to meet the SMC -S Criteria.  House Bound in fact.

Some say when a Veteran is awarded TDIU W/P&T  They are suppose to inferred the SMC-S because the Veteran can't leave home to work...I never knew about this Regulations  so I can't comment on it.

I disagree with it....not that it shouldn't be that way  but I don't know the Regs about it? if its true then hell yeah apply for TDIU  P&T if your S.C. Disability keeps you from working?