VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another PTSD exam? Already 70% SC'd! What!?

Rate this question

SecurityForces03

Question

Hi All,

Filed a claim in 2016 for a few increases and a secondary claim for Agoraphobia.

I am already rated 70% for PTSD that includes panic attacks, anxiety, and depression. 

My claim went to gathering of evidence from Prep for decision. I had 2 other exams for this claim, one for my testicles and the other for hearing. It appears they forgot the 3rd C&P exam for agoraphobia?

After speaking with the VA, they told me I have another exam regarding PTSD. Does anyone think because I asked for agoraphobia as a secondary condition to PTSD is why they're requesting another C&P? I was SC'd in 2010 for PTSD.

Thanks!!

32 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

NO if your 90%combined and inferred the SMC S your rating is still considered to be a 90%combined rating, you will need an extra 50% rating to boost your 90% combined rating to the 100%

Getting SMC Does not increase your ratings

Remember SMC is not a claim its an entitlement based on the physical and mental condition of your severe S.C. Condition  (separate condition)

Here is a run down on the SMC Criteria and pay scale.

:Note this pay scale may not be up to date of 2016 , but may give you an Ideal

http://www.military.com/benefits/veteran-benefits/special-monthly-compensation-smc-tables.html

I guess my last post came out wrong.

Im currently 90% combined. If my testicular C&P that I had done increases me, I will be 100% combined.

My question is: If my testicular percentage goes up, I'll be 100% combined. If my PTSD goes up, I'll be at least 100% solely on PTSD. Can I still work if I'm combined over 100% and I have PTSD at 100% as well?

• HadIt.com Elder

As long as your not IU you can work, however being rated 100% PTSD are you sure you can work with that?

But to answer your question  yes if your rate increases to the 100% and you have another separate S.C. Disability of 60% or more  that should qualify you for SMC-S...they look at the severity of the disability.

However you mention'' Im currently 90% combined. If my testicular C&P that I had done increases me, I will be 100% combined''

That depends on what rating you get for the testicular condition? it will need to be at least a 50% rating.  90 % & plus 50% =100% in VA Math & anything under 50% will not increase your rating. (using VA Math)

example :   90% original disability and another disability rated  at 30% would be a 93% rating and you would still be at the 90%  so the rating criteria would need to be 95.1 % to boost you to the 100%  and that would take at least an additional 50% increase to your 90%combined rating you have now.

Edited by Buck52

52 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

As long as your not IU you can work, however being rated 100% PTSD are you sure you can work with that?

But to answer your question  yes if your rate increases to the 100% and you have another separate S.C. Disability of 60% or more  that should qualify you for SMC-S...they look at the severity of the disability.

However you mention'' Im currently 90% combined. If my testicular C&P that I had done increases me, I will be 100% combined''

That depends on what rating you get for the testicular condition? it will need to be at least a 50% rating.  90 % & plus 50% =100% in VA Math & anything under 50% will not increase your rating. (using VA Math)

example :   90% original disability and another disability rated  at 30% would be a 93% rating and you would still be at the 90%  so the rating criteria would need to be 95.1 % to boost you to the 100%  and that would take at least an additional 50% increase to your 90%combined rating you have now.

I guess the only caveat to all of that is if I am rated at 100% PTSD, the veteran cannot work at all, correct?

• HadIt.com Elder

Only if your I.U.  You can't work.

100%PTSD you possible can  but doubtful you would be hired.

jmo

9 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

jmo

Understood the IU portion.

I think there is case law stating that you cannot work if you're rated at 100% PTSD.

thanks

On 4/23/2017 at 3:22 PM, Buck52 said:

jmo

Spoke with VA today. They are requiring a mental health evaluation due to the request for agoraphobia on my claim. Since I use private healthcare for the most part, the VA said it's been a year since anyone in mental health has seen me and wants to do an evaluation.