VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another PTSD exam? Already 70% SC'd! What!?

Rate this question

SecurityForces03

Question

Hi All,

Filed a claim in 2016 for a few increases and a secondary claim for Agoraphobia.

I am already rated 70% for PTSD that includes panic attacks, anxiety, and depression. 

My claim went to gathering of evidence from Prep for decision. I had 2 other exams for this claim, one for my testicles and the other for hearing. It appears they forgot the 3rd C&P exam for agoraphobia?

After speaking with the VA, they told me I have another exam regarding PTSD. Does anyone think because I asked for agoraphobia as a secondary condition to PTSD is why they're requesting another C&P? I was SC'd in 2010 for PTSD.

Thanks!!

• HadIt.com Elder

SecurityForces03

I forgot to mention ...when you recieved the 90% rating  Go look at your reason and bases for that award  they may have should inferred you over to IU Then.. especially  if your S.C. Disability's kept you from working or doing the job you was trained to do.

you can request IU be given and the date should go back to the 90%award  or when you first filed for the increase to recieve the 90%rating.

Edited by Buck52

If you get the Scheduler Bump to 100%, the whole IU discussion is moot. Earn whatever you're capable of, sky's the limit, right.

Be prepared, if no Scheduler 100% bump, IU's the only other route to 100% Comp pay. Education, work history past and "CURRENT" income all come into play.

Be well advised to educate yourself regarding VA IU topics regarding Self-employment, sheltered and marginal employment. What you think and what the IU Rater thinks, regarding your ability to do "ANY" type of Sedentary Work will differ greatly. IU Rater's often reference a Vet's ability to do unspecified "Sedentary Work" as their determination basis for the IU Denial.

I had to wait about 21/2 yrs to get a DRO to reverse my 12 IU Denial. I was working part-time at my 35 yr self-employment. VocRehab Denial letter Sealed my deal.

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

Gastone

I was 90% combined rating  TDIU W P&T been that way for over 15 years.

ok recently in 2015 I was awarded  70% for PTSD. 

I was given the SMC S H.B.  b/c I met the SMC Critiera

Now on e benfits it says this

Total Combined Disability

You have a 100% final degree of disability. This percentage determines the amount of benefit pay you will receive.

So is my TDIU Moot?

Would peggy know?

because I can't find anything with IU on it anymore on e benefits.

I have educational allowances as my benefits and other benefits  like  GI.Bill

secforce,

All claims filed are considered as seeking the maximum rating for that condition by the VA anywhere from 10% for tinnitus to 100% for PTSD)

So your C&P is to see if you are rateable for a higher rate for your PTSD. If you included any mention of unemployment as due to your Agiraphobia- a Totalyl Disabled/Individual Unempoyability will be considered TDIU pays at the 100% rate but is 'temporary' as in once you are able to work again they stop paying that rate and you are brought down to your actual rate (in your case 70%)

Good luck