VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question on contacting VA Secretary

Rate this question

Navyguy2013

Question

When emailing the VA secretary for assistance with a VA claim, do you have to send your entire SSN or can your truncate your SSN. I just don’t like putting my SSN on unsecured emails.

VA secretary's email: david.j.shulkin@va.gov

I think you should put your C file number in the email and be as specific as possible .....but be brief too.

Have you been in the appeals process for a very long time?

Your Social Security number is the same as your VA number, unless your old enough to have a service number.  My SS# and VA# and my service # are all the same.

So, he already knows your number.

And, so does a lot of people is you use the web.

Now, if you lived in a cave and are off the grid, you might, and I say might, have a chance.

Just sayin,

Hamslice

It appears after I read one of your posts that you cannot get a copy of the C & P exams...if you could have a copy you would have a better idea of what to expect from the VA...

This is one of the most grossly unfair VA practices. If a C & P is done at a VAMC, you can request a copy of it right away. Some vets can rebutt the C & P exam ASAP with evidence or question whether the examiner really had any expertise to do the exam.

These contract exams are very problematic...VA says since they own the Exam,you cannot get a copy until the decision is made.BS to that.

It i9s a good point to write to the Sec about. I already griped as well on other issues and offered some solutions, and I CCedmy letter to President Trump because....

Shulkin was not hired to maintain the Status quo VA, he was hired by POTUS to REFORM it.

I think it is great that some vets are willing to contact him either via email or snailmail because, as I have been saying for years now, it will take veterans to change the system, and probably some widows too like Beverly Nehmer and maybe even me......

The Sec was VHA ( screwed up enough) and now he needs to learn how messed up the claim process is.....from us hardcore claimants. (I am not a veteran)

HUH?  I just caught that. No C file number??????

It doesn't seem possible.

( maybe that is a new way for VA to juggle the books on how many claims are in appeals...dont give vets a C file #....my vaola paranoia is showing.):unsure:

• HadIt.com Elder

Well not sure  but you have to have a C-FILE #  It's how the VA  identify' you.

especially if you served in the military and use the VAMC

My C-file # and military service # is the same  and its also my SS.#

Been that way ever since I Joined up..  over 48 years ago.

Edited by Buck52