VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How does my claim get to Ebennies

Rate this question

Ron72

Question

Good Morning all you VETs

Who or what updates my status in EBenefits. I filed a claim in Dec 2016. on April 6 it changed from GOE to complete, Decision letter sent. Have not received a letter and claim is now under Historical claims. Peggy says someone found a duplicate claim, from where I will never know. They closed the claim and opened another claim with a file number. I cannot see or track a claim in Work in Progress. So who or what updates Claim status in Ebennies?

Have you talked to a VSO-Rep? They have computer access to your E-File.

Claim Filed 12/16, E -Ben complete 4/6, that's PDQ. Can u elaborate as to issues and C & P exams?

As to your question about who & when E ben is updated, that's a question for OZ the Great. As of recent, E-Ben has been fairly prompt and accurate. In most cases, beating my Retro Deposits by a week or so and the Award Letter by 4 to 6 weeks.

Get with a VSR to check out the duplicate claim situation.

Semper Fi

Thank you for your reply and for your service.

They said they found two claims and closed one in order to merge them into one claim with a file number. I just can't see it listed under works in progress so I can't track the claim, I have had no C&P exams for either of two disabilities. Peggy said someone worked on it as of 4/24/17, but did not say what was done. They also said they would be in contact by snail mail when they wanted something from me. I am in no hurry but would like to track the claim.

2 hours ago, broncovet said:

It would be easier to find out how a female mind works than to figure out how/when/why VA posts to ebenefits.  Of course, there is no set reason, no set schedule, and its done willy nilly, if at all.  

If you figure out the former, then, of course, you would be a zillionaire, at a minumum, as millions have tried and no one has suceeded.

Before you get the the "big leagues", start on some small project such as Ending World hunger, Veteran homelessness, or solving climate change.  

If you ask 10 VA employees, you will get 11 different answers.  

If you ask 100 females, you will get 150 different answers, as at least half will change their mind.  

Funny but true. Thanks

That is a very Sexist thing to say but for the most part, I will 2nd that emotion.

Just don't tell my wife, I will disavow ever agreeing, even if Waterboarded.

Semper Fi

Yes, it's sexist.  I cut and pasted this from a sexist person as an example of how not to be.  Im glad you got it.  

My father used to have root canals done, without pain killers.  If YOUR wife finds out you may get pain relief from having a root canal done without pain killer.  However,   If my wife finds out who wrote it, then I will give myself up as a prisoner of war to Korea rather than face THAT pain.  

A root canal only lasts maybe an hour.  A prisoner of war, only a few years.  But, if our wives find out, we suffer to the grave and beyond.  Your secret is safe with me.