VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My second appeal has been expedited

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

He informed me that my appeal has been expedited due to my own work he said that I did behind his back. So now he wants to walk away from my appeal. Is that possible I mean I am sorry he's mad that i filed my hardship on my own and got it advanced on the docket didn't think he would bail. So what are my options if he bails do I have to hire a VSO at the last second?

Who?  Your VSO?  Attorney?

Of course I can not tell you what "someone else" is thinking.  My Crystal Ball is on the blink.  

If you are referring to an attorney "bailing", yes it is irritating for them for you to delegate them responsiblity by hiring them, and then you send in correspondence to VA without mentioning that to your attorney.  None of them like that.  

If your attorney does "bail" at an inconvienient time, then yes, you have 3 choices:

1.  Get another attorney.  Next time try letting him or her handle it.  

2.  Get a VSO.    

3.  Represent yourself.  

Its true that others may also "balk" at representing you, especially near "zero hour" and if your attorney dropped you for doing stuff behind his back.  

If you do have to change representation, then I suggest you do a great job picking the new one, then let them handle it.  Ask lots of questions before you sign the POA.  Its almost like getting married. 

If its any help to you, I was "dropped" from representation by the VFW.  They gave a reason that my claim was not likely to succeed.  Phooey.  My claim did suceed in spite of them dropping me.    I probably did what you did, too.  Hired them and then did everything myself.    I realize I made a mistake.  

That's funny he wants to withdraw my hearing like he did my first appeal he said it's pretty straightforward grant like the first appeal since now your TBI is service connected your skull fracture shouldn't be denied and my DVTs from being non weight bearing because 1 I was in a coma for a month and 2 I was confined to my bed with my SC broken right hip. I hope he just sticks it out I did the same thing the first appeal he said the same thing but stuck it out. I'm sure the 20k retro helped last time 

Edited by jfrei

So your being punished for doing what they should have? They drag out our claims purposely for more retro. I reckon if they do drop you you'll have a larger return. 

I know he's just mad at me, but I'm looking out for my family he's got kids and should understand 

Looking out for your family is not the issue.  Of course you are looking out for them.  That is why you hired an attorney.

And its why you need to keep him.  I know, I have ticked off attornies before.  You should have just asked him if you can ask for a hardship advance on the docket.  Did you ask him?  What did he say?  If he said, no, then that is something different.  

You would not like it either if someone hired you to do a job and then did it themself.  

What's done is done and you cant go back, but its worth a little trouble to keep your attorney happy.  

I know I've apologized and said he wants to forego the hearing for a quicker decision much like our first appeal. Which was granted so I know  that the hearing may not be necessary so im just going to agree with him.