• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Bstman

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • I'm interested in filling a gulf war illness claim , my question is do you think it worthwhile, I have the symptoms that are required for the claim , but some of the fall into my ptsd symptoms which I all ready receive compensation for .   if I file gwi , will they try to reduce my ptsd rating.  all I read is so many gulf war claims are denied . I don't want to fill and have it denied and have them turn around and start messing with my ptsd claim . Any thoughts?  
    • My opinion Any new evidence will help you with a NOD. Mine was just a Voc Expert who testifies in VA, SSDI and Railroad Benefits Courts. And even though it sounds silly and anti-progress, i think at this point in time with the games the VA is playing with fast rejections and lowballs have FILLED the frikin Appeals Dockets, we should maybe hold back just ONE bit of evidence, maybe because we kind of already know lowballing is SoP for the bastiches, just have that one bit of evidence ready for your NOD. Once again, just a opinion, and a path i'm taking on my next claim.
    • I thought the same. To be honest I get strong anxiety disgust when I go to the va. Lost trust with the providers there. So part a is free correct? Even if I only have 8 years of solid work and on and off.  As far as part b they are saying that I can lower my rate by signing a earlier effective date my alleged onset date. Which would be a difference of 104.90 starting date June 2011 in which I have to pay an additional 6,517.30. I currently have no medical bills pending throughout that period.  The other one is August 2016 with a premium of 121.80 a month. However, What I don't understand is on the bottom they want to charge me 243.60 due through December 2016. Is that two year enrollment plan?
    • @broncovet @john999 thanks for the feedback, the Peter Principle is exactly what I'm worried about. Since I am SC for PTSD already and filing for an increase, I was concerned that they wouldn't acknowledge any of my treatment records as evidence for increase since the CRNP made diagnosis of MDD on almost every treatment note over the past year. I think he just looks at the thing that's most obvious with me, writes a prescription, and sends me on my way. Maybe he's uncomfortable with the MST part but he has never asked me anything about it, my stressors, etc. When I mentioned my nightmares he didn't ask anything about the nature of them, just prescribed me prazosin. When I mentioned my anxiety and social avoidance, he again didn't ask me anything about it, but he prescribed me hydroxyzine. Aside from the depression, I have all these meds treating me for various PTSD symptoms but that MDD stays right there as my primary dx, and that's what I'm worried about. I'm very afraid they will reject my claim or maybe even reduce my PTSD as not having a current diagnosis and say the depression isn't SC. I guess I just wait and prepare myself.
    • From my experience yes. My initial claim took two years and my current claim,  one increase and one new, is currently at prep for notification and was filed in May. I'm sure this varies greatly by a number of factors. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
huskerfanfl

Spinal Stenosis

2 posts in this topic

I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis 3 years ago, 7 months before I retired. The VA listed this as degenerative arthritis (10%) on the explanation of my case. Degenerative Disk Disease is one of the causes of spinal stenosis, and I do have one degenerative disk. Is it a big deal that they listed what they did instead of the spanial stenosisis. Secondly, I am now having pain going down both elgs as a result of the spinal stenosis. I have been through physical therapy and the pain got worse. Yesterday, I had another MRI done and suspect I will be sent to a neurosurgeon. I currently have a claim for increaseed compensation pending although it is not being worked on because I filed a notice of disagreement for my initial rating and that is being settled first. Would I claim the pain caused by the spinal stenosis seperately? When I had my intial physical, I told the examiner about the sciatic nerve pain in the right leg and this was ignored.

Rickb54,

It does indeed answer my questions. I should be seeing the neroulogist in the next couple of weeks and will request that test.