• HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran providing FREE information and community to veterans since 1997.

I am proud that I've been able to offer all that HadIt.com has for free for 19 years and continue to do so. HadIt.com does accept contributions to help with costs we also offer paid ad free subscriptions. None of the paid options are required. The forum, the website, news site and podcast are free and will remain so. If you choose to support the site with a contribution or a subscription it is appreciated but never required. If you choose to make a contribution or purchase an ad free subscription, you can do so here. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
huskerfanfl

Spinal Stenosis

2 posts in this topic

I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis 3 years ago, 7 months before I retired. The VA listed this as degenerative arthritis (10%) on the explanation of my case. Degenerative Disk Disease is one of the causes of spinal stenosis, and I do have one degenerative disk. Is it a big deal that they listed what they did instead of the spanial stenosisis. Secondly, I am now having pain going down both elgs as a result of the spinal stenosis. I have been through physical therapy and the pain got worse. Yesterday, I had another MRI done and suspect I will be sent to a neurosurgeon. I currently have a claim for increaseed compensation pending although it is not being worked on because I filed a notice of disagreement for my initial rating and that is being settled first. Would I claim the pain caused by the spinal stenosis seperately? When I had my intial physical, I told the examiner about the sciatic nerve pain in the right leg and this was ignored.

Rickb54,

It does indeed answer my questions. I should be seeing the neroulogist in the next couple of weeks and will request that test.