• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Jerrell

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Update 8, Pending decision approval New completion date; 08/02/2016  
    • Contact  Mary Ann Wentzell  and that's RMC  (Records Management Center) email= MaryAnn.Wentzell@va.gov she super Nice!
    • The S.A.V.E. Farm A gap exists between the need for new farmers in our country and a large potential population of new farmers that exists within our veteran and transitioning servicemember populations. The average age of farmers in the U.S. is approaching 60 with 40% over 65. Sixty-three percent (63%) of our farms may be in the last generation. Therefore succession planning is critical in the country's farming future. 2.3 million veterans and transitioning servicemembers are looking for a meaningful way to live life. A high percentage of them indicate an interest in farming. Therefore, a tremendous opportunity exists. To bridge the gap, a pathway to farming for our veterans and servicemembers is needed. Servicemember Agricultural Vocation Education, or S.A.V.E farm, will bridge the gap providing a home-like training center where they can learn to farm and heal as they are brought into the culture of agriculture. Upon completion of training, transitioning servicemembers and veterans will be matched with mentor farmers with the potential to work on, manage or own a farm. View the full article
    • In the middle of a C&P exam for scars, the examiner didn't take any measurements. He sent a woman in after he left, to take photos of my scars.   I asked this person," Why didn't the examiner measure my scars?", as this was necessary to get a fair decision/rating. She left and in a short time the examiner returned.   I asked him the same question. He measured one scar on the back of my neck and none of the others. I even specifically pointed out the ones I wanted him to measure. He said that the rating officer will see the scars from my photos and that is mostly how they make their decision.   That isn't the rules on scar evaluation.   This guy was a P.A.   It was a bad omen when one of the first questions the examiner asked was," What is your current disability rating?" That made me feel like he was going to do all he could to make sure I would never reach 70% disability.   At the end of the exam he stated he was a veteran too.   When his assistant returned once again to take the photos, she began to tell me how my examiner was a really good guy and was serving in the Reserves currently. Took all I could do to bite my tongue and hold back and tell her how he did a hatchet job on my claims.   Finally.... forgot to mention..he checked my ankles range of motion without using a goniometer, or any form of test instrument. Then he proceeded to inform me that I needed to get a medical diagnosis of my ankle condition. I told him that I have an orthopedic appointment scheduled for my ankles the following week.   MY QUESTION IS: Will I have to wait and NOD/appeal the bad exam AFTER a decision has been made? Or is there an alternative such as writing a complaint and/or request a new exam before I get a rating?
    • I know what you mean. It took me about three years to go from 40% to 90% and then another year to hit 100% (backdated to original EED from five years earlier). The 90% hurdle is just probably the toughest for most veterans. It is pretty bad when the VA fails to read records properly (even typed ones) and causes all sorts of unnecessary anxiety and stress in the process. Despite still having heart issues, I have not won SC yet. The docs pulled me off of one heart medication that was actually making the problem worse and it put me into the 0% category. However, I do have two other claims that I know can be increased if I filed now. One would go from 30% to 40% and the other from 30% to 50%. I talk with my wife periodically about filing for all three, but she doesn't want me to rock the boat. She told me to wait until I retire.

• HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran providing FREE information and community to veterans since 1997.

I am proud that I've been able to offer all that HadIt.com has for free for 19 years and continue to do so.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RockyA1911

Post Exchange And Commisary Privilages

14 posts in this topic

What do we need in order to get PX and Commisary privilages? Do you have to be rated 100% to get an ID card? I am 60%. Am I eligible to use the commissary and PX? A while back someone posted the forms needed to obtain a military ID card, could they post it again?

I am close to a Army Arsenal that has PX and Commissary among the regular Army base activities. I already have a Department of the Army MWR ID card for gaining access to the gym etc., But I think you have to have a military type ID card to use the PX and Commisary. Right or Wrong?

MMM.. actually my DOD ID has something like VA/MWR/Commissary actually typed onto it in a block. I dont know about a seperate card except the one I've gotten for taking a class on boaters safety, pottery and other stuff and the MWR Travel card thing..(was it a Tiger card, or a gold card... cant remember) I never bothered geting one of those because I never would have used it really.

And you do have to be 100%, either TDIU or schedular. You are also normally entitled to ChampVA at that point and your family can get insurance cards as well.

All you have to do is go to the nearest National Guard center or post, base etc. and with the VA rating decision (or a letter, if you ask for one the VA will make a specific one for them) and the normal other stuff like marriage licenses and birth certificates and probably social security cards. Just call your local guard or reserve unit, and they can tell you what days the are doing ID (some do not do them every day)

OH are they requiring a specific letter now? I just used my rating decision I think but it was so long ago I dont remember. I know to get my property taxes forgiven I had to have a specific letter, as well as for car registration and tags.

And you do have to be 100%, either TDIU or schedular. You are also normally entitled to ChampVA at that point and your family can get insurance cards as well.

Do you know this to be fact? My brother is 70% but is TDIU. He looked into it and was told he could not get commisary/PX priveledges or ID card unless he was 100% schedular. Was he misinformed? Thanks

He was misinformed. He can be 100% TDIU if it is P&T and get the card the ChampVA for spouse and kids. The real key is P&T.

I received an ID card and commissary/px privilages when I was only 80% getting 100% IU, WITHOUT being P&T.