• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Steven Troy Hill

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • I am confused the VA has just told me I can work my Union job because I have reasonable accomadations keeping me employed there. They want to get me P&T relating mostly for my TBI.
    • Hey. I'm 100% VA rated. So VA freaking owes me like $40K in back pay (by their own admission when they sent me my letter). And, my college age daughter who will graduate next semester (I've sent her school registration forms every semester for 3 1/2 years) is STILL not on my award.

I've called VA, written VA, called state VA (TX), called and written my Senators, Congressman, the VFW, attorneys, VSOs, and spent numerous hours on hold for VA to find out when I may possibly expect to see this corrected. All I get is: the VA is way behind, and new claims are processed first. I get it. But we're talking 40 THOUSAND DOLLARS!! I have had a car repossessed, my home foreclosed on, filed bankruptcy and currently have to live with my in-laws because that is all we can afford. When I said this to the state VA representative, he told me that since my bankruptcy was discharged already, and I am not technically homeless, and can drive my in-laws car, VA won't push my claim to the top because my life is not in "distress". WTF? I've lost everything. I'm seeing a shrink for depression, anxiety, and panic attacks, and have almost lost my marriage as well. Is there ANY organization, legal representation, or ANYONE who can help? Does any one out there give a f*ckin rat's a$$?! Thanks.
    • We will touch on the latest issue with the VA Suicide Hotline placing Veterans on Hold. This and other issues will be discussed by our panel.   Join is at 7:00pm eastern for this show. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/haditcom/2016/09/30/haditcom-blog-talk-veterans-radio-show-va-issues-with-suicide-hotline Basser
    • One important thing to remember:  If you are 100%, you don't need an extra rating of 60% or more to be entitled to SMC S. At 100%, you qualify on the grounds that "you don't leave the house for work" Yes, you can leave the house for any reason except work!!      Asknod can chime in on this?    
    • Thanks for the feedback guys.......yes OEF21B......I am enrolled at Dallas VAMC and had two sleep studies done there.  I was written as moderate OSA but I  have not been rated for OSA as yet by VA...........I claimed for it based on a 2006 diagnosis but I was never issued a CPAP nor did i push so it ended up as a NOD now.......my fault......learning curve.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RockyA1911

Post Exchange And Commisary Privilages

14 posts in this topic

What do we need in order to get PX and Commisary privilages? Do you have to be rated 100% to get an ID card? I am 60%. Am I eligible to use the commissary and PX? A while back someone posted the forms needed to obtain a military ID card, could they post it again?

I am close to a Army Arsenal that has PX and Commissary among the regular Army base activities. I already have a Department of the Army MWR ID card for gaining access to the gym etc., But I think you have to have a military type ID card to use the PX and Commisary. Right or Wrong?

MMM.. actually my DOD ID has something like VA/MWR/Commissary actually typed onto it in a block. I dont know about a seperate card except the one I've gotten for taking a class on boaters safety, pottery and other stuff and the MWR Travel card thing..(was it a Tiger card, or a gold card... cant remember) I never bothered geting one of those because I never would have used it really.

And you do have to be 100%, either TDIU or schedular. You are also normally entitled to ChampVA at that point and your family can get insurance cards as well.

All you have to do is go to the nearest National Guard center or post, base etc. and with the VA rating decision (or a letter, if you ask for one the VA will make a specific one for them) and the normal other stuff like marriage licenses and birth certificates and probably social security cards. Just call your local guard or reserve unit, and they can tell you what days the are doing ID (some do not do them every day)

OH are they requiring a specific letter now? I just used my rating decision I think but it was so long ago I dont remember. I know to get my property taxes forgiven I had to have a specific letter, as well as for car registration and tags.

And you do have to be 100%, either TDIU or schedular. You are also normally entitled to ChampVA at that point and your family can get insurance cards as well.

Do you know this to be fact? My brother is 70% but is TDIU. He looked into it and was told he could not get commisary/PX priveledges or ID card unless he was 100% schedular. Was he misinformed? Thanks

He was misinformed. He can be 100% TDIU if it is P&T and get the card the ChampVA for spouse and kids. The real key is P&T.

I received an ID card and commissary/px privilages when I was only 80% getting 100% IU, WITHOUT being P&T.