VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hardship Letter?

Rate this question

Stan n Pam

Question

Hi - I thought that I read a clip here about someone writing a hardship letter to the VA? This is the first I've heard of this - Is there a thread somewhere that anyone could point me to? Thanks, Pam

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't have a link to the thread but the hardship has to be severe. Example is in danger of dying due to a critical disease or financial hardship like you are about to lose your home or become homeless.

• HadIt.com Elder

Pam,

In order for VA to expidite a claim due to Hardship, they must have evidence of either a terminal illness or documentaion such as an eviction notice from a court.

Vike 17

• HadIt.com Elder

Rickb54,

Although I am unaware a specific law for such at he moment, the VA will generally want to see some type of proof to expidite a claim. If your statement alone prompted the VA to expidite your claim, then you're probaly in a very small minority.

I awhile back I do remember running across a regulation for expidicious treatment of claims. However, now that you asked me specifically about it, do you think I can find the quotation :P I guess it awlways happens that way. When you don't need something it stares you in the face, but when it comes time that you actually it, you can never find it!

Vike 17

• HadIt.com Elder
Hi - I thought that I read a clip here about someone writing a hardship letter to the VA? This is the first I've heard of this - Is there a thread somewhere that anyone could point me to? Thanks, Pam

Pam and Stan,

I advanced on the docket at the BVA and I do not have a terminal illness and own a beautiful home. If you need my assistance, please send me a personal email.

I spend 15 pages of typed information to show the BVA how the VA had denied me benefits since 1978 due to their negligence.

Josephine