VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can You Receive More Than 100% Disability?

Rate this question

tdak

Question

I have heard that you can receive more than 100% disability. Is this possible? It seem to me that is why they bulked all of my residuals into one code and didn't break them out seperately, so I didin't go over 100%. Even though they should be, but that is another fight/appeal.

Thanks,

Tamara

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yes, I have 100% for PTSD & 100% for Cancer from Agent Orange. You don't draw 2-100% checks. You get a SMC (Special Monthly Compensation). In my case it is something like $295 a month more than the normal 100% rate.

Don

i got the same 100% as y0u do, so how do i ge the other smc//bigjim

Stan and Pam,

Are you sure you aren't looking for 38 CFR 1114?

Seems like it, so try this.

go to website http://www.va.gov/

there is a search box on right side, top of page. Type in 38 CFR 1114 in the search box and you will have results directly below. Just click each link on the relevant item link to see which one you like or need.

Goos Luck,

Tamara

how do I look this up?? 38 USC 1114

I've looked on this site and searched on this site to no avail -

I need direction (in layman terms, please)

========================

GPO Access

<H3 align=center>Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) </H3><H4 align=center>BETA TEST SITE</H4>

e-CFR Data is current as of January 29, 2007

TITLE 38--Pensions, Bonuses, and Veterans' Relief

CHAPTER I--DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS

PART 4--SCHEDULE FOR RATING DISABILITIES

Yes, I have 100% for PTSD & 100% for Cancer from Agent Orange. You don't draw 2-100% checks. You get a SMC (Special Monthly Compensation). In my case it is something like $295 a month more than the normal 100% rate.

Don

Tamara,

I am rated at 170% schedular, using the VA's math system, but I am only paid at 100%. I do receive SMC as well, at the L1/2 rate.. so you can rceive additonal funds but they are essentially to provide aid and attendance. In my case I have a housecleaner, and a yard man... it pays for that easily. The idea is that you cannot do some of these tasks so money is et aside to help pay for it.... at least thats how I understand it. but.... they generally are for specific injuries etc. Loss of legs, sight things like that.