VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Special Monthly Compensation Ratings.

Rate this question

betrayed

Question

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I assume you mean Erectile Dysfunction, which is loss of use of a creative organ and would be SMC "k". The "k" award is an additional $89.00 to your disability rating.

http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Rates/comp02.htm

Vike 17

Edited by Vike17

I assume you mean Erectile Dysfunction, which is loss of a creative organ and would be SMC "k". The "k" award is an additional $89.00 to your disability rating.

http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Rates/comp02.htm

Vike 17

Yup thats what I meant. So there is no percentage assigned you just get the K award added to what ever your already getting?

• HadIt.com Elder

Erectile dysfunction would also receive a rating if service-connection is warranted. Generally it receives a 0% unless there is deformity involved. The "k" award is added to whatever ratings the veteran has.

Penis, removal of half or more...30%

Or rate as voiding dysfunction.

Penis, removal of glans....20%

Or rate as voiding dysfunction.

Penis, deformity, with loss of erectile power....20%(1)

Vike 17

Edited by Vike17

Erectile dysfunction would also receive a rating if service-connection is warranted. Generally it receives a 0% unless there is deformity involved. The "k" award is added to whatever ratings the veteran has.

Vike 17

The C&P states it is at least likley as not that the erictile dysfunction is at least likley as not due to or being aggravated by medications taken for control of his service connected mental disorder and service connected hypertension.

Vike while your answering my questions I am having a problem finding a rating for Chronic PROSTATITIS in the rating schedule I find

7527 Prostate gland injuries, infections, hypertrophy,

postoperative residuals: Rate as voiding dysfunction or urinary tract infection,

whichever is predominant. But when I try to find something under voiding dysfunction or urinary tract infection I cant find anything

• HadIt.com Elder

I think this is what you're looking for;

Renal dysfunction:

Requiring regular dialysis, or precluding more than sedentary activity from one of the following: persistent edema and albuminuria;or, BUN more than 80mg%; or, creatinine more than 8mg%; or, markedly decreased function of kidney or other organ systems, especially cardiovascular...100%

Persistent edema and albuminuria with BUN 40 to 80mg%; or, creatinine 4 to 8mg%; or, generalized poor health characterized by lethargy, weakness, anorexia, weight loss, or limitation of exertion...80%

Constant albuminuria with some edema; or, definite decrease in kidney function; or, hypertension at least 40 percent disabling under diagnostic code 7101...60%

Albumin constant or recurring with hyaline and granular casts or red blood cells; or, transient or slight edema or hypertension at least 10 percent disabling under diagnostic code 7101...30%

Albumin and casts with history of acute nephritis; or, hypertension non-compensable under diagnostic code 7101..0%

Voiding dysfunction:

Rate particular condition as urine leakage, frequency, or obstructed voiding.

Continual Urine Leakage, Post Surgical Urinary Diversion, Urinary Incontinence, or Stress Incontinence:

Requiring the use of an appliance or the wearing of absorbent materials which must be changed more than 4 times per day...60%

Requiring the wearing of absorbent materials which must be changed 2 to 4 times per day...40%

Requiring the wearing of absorbent materials which must be changed less than 2 times per day...20%

Urinary frequency:

Daytime voiding interval less than one hour, or; awakening to void five or more times per night...40%

Daytime voiding interval between one and two hours, or; awakening to void three to four times per night...20%

Daytime voiding interval between two and three hours, or; awakening to void two times per night...10%

Obstructed voiding:

Urinary retention requiring intermittent or continuous catheterization...30%

Marked obstructive symptomatology (hesitancy, slow or weak stream, decreased force of stream) with any one or combination of the following:

1. Post void residuals greater than 150 cc

2. Uroflowmetry; markedly diminished peak flow rate (less than 10 cc/sec)

3. Recurrent urinary tract infections secondary to obstruction

4. Stricture disease requiring periodic dilatation every 2 to 3 months...10%

Obstructive symptomatology with or without stricture disease requiring ilatation 1 to 2 times per year...0%

Urninary tract infection:

Poor renal function: Rate as renal dysfunction.

Recurrent symptomatic infection requiring drainage/frequent ospitalization (greater than two times/year), and/or requiring continuous intensive management...30%

Long-term drug therapy, 1-2 hospitalizations per year and/or requiring intermittent intensive management....10%

[59 FR 2527, Jan. 18, 1994; 59 FR 10676, Mar. 7, 1994]

Vike 17

well I am try to figure out what I will get for #1 and #4 by using the rating schedule which I used to come up with % for number 2 & 3

1. The C&P report states it is at least likley as not that the erictile dysfunction is at least likley as not due to or being aggravated by medications taken for control of his service connected mental disorder and service connected hypertension.

2. The C&P report states the overall evidence tends to show that the veteran may have had symptoms of decreased kidney function from 5/04 (retirement date) until demonstrated by the renal scan in 12/06. It is at least likley as not that the veterans decreased kidney function has been manifest from military service to the present. I am looking at a hopefull 60% for definite decrease in kidney function;

3. The C&P report states the veterans coronary artery disease is at least as likley as not caused by, a result or aggravated by his service connected hypertension and hypercholestemia. Im looking at a minimum of 60% with a ejection fraction of 48%

4. The C&P report states Chronic Prostatitis is an ongoing chronic intermentint condition and it is at least likley as not that the current chronic prostatitis condition is related to to the prostate symptomatology that he had during military service.